Aquarius is a beautiful example of the lovely and classic Hinckley Talaria 29 Runabout. Aquarius has received incredible care under her owner and it shows through list of service and upgrades done. She is maintained by professional captains on a year-round basis.
Deep Mechanical Service 2019
- Head warranty performed by Niemiec Marine
- Engine removed and cleaned and painted
- Replaced engine mounts, injectors, oil lines and freshwater pump
- New tachometer (old had 1600 hrs.)
Other cruising/entertaining amenities include:
- Pressurized fresh water sink - in engine box top
- Insulated cooler - in engine box top
- Pressurized fresh water cockpit shower.
- Electric Vacu-flush® marine head with holding tank
Some custom features that make this beautiful boat great for entertaining, play or just cruising:
- Teak dash area, helm pods, and cockpit coaming sides
- Matching Yellow leather cushioned seating throughout.
- Bimini top with stainless steel frame and mooring cover (new?)
- Fighting Lady Yellow Awlgrip topsides
- Cream gelcoat deck with molded-in nonskid
- Red boot stripe
- Red bottom pant
- Hull is DualGuard™ Composite construction Kevlar® E-glass skin with balsa and Corecell® core carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMP® with vinylester resin.
- Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and Corecell® core, SCRIMP® molded with vinylester resin.
- Molded in non-skid decking in cockpit and foredeck
- Stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Marelon® ball-valve seacocks
Hinckley designed heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak strip insert treads, stainless steel mounting brackets and half round rubrail
- Telescoping, stainless steel, 3-step folding swim ladder stores under swim platform.
- Self-draining forward anchor locker with flush hatch and latch
- Custom 316L stainless steel Hinckley bow chocks
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Stainless steel pop-up mooring cleats
- Anchor/running light
- Opening forward deck hatch w/solar venting fan
The cockpit is finished with:
- Wrap-around 3-window curved windshield with tempered glass and teak trim and cap
- Port and starboard forward windshield wipers with washers
- Teak cockpit side coamings
- Molded non-skid decks
- Custom 6’3” bimini cover with stainless steel tubing and Stamoid cover. (new cover made ?)
- Ivory Stamoid full cockpit cover attaches to windshield and cockpit cap rail at transom; covering the entire cockpit when not in use.
- Direct overboard drain scuppers
- Storage is in: One stern seat locker, two settee lockers, one flush cockpit sole locker with hatch
- Portside cockpit boathook holder
- Line holder to organize docklines and fenders
Forward is the Helm Area with matching yellow leather helm and passenger swivel chairs.
- Flush watertight cockpit sole hatch between chairs offers additional storage below deck.
The Helm Station features:
- Varnished teak instrument pod with a Carbon Fiber dashboard face
- 14” wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley JetStick™ which integrates forward and aft motion, steering, and the bow thruster into a single joystick control
- Engine gauges and controls
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet - below helm
- 1 cup holder
Helm Nav/Electronics Equipment:
- Furuno Navnet VX2 Chartplotter and Color Sounder
- New Garmin date Handset VHF Radio and Shakespeare Stainless Steel whip antenna on ratchet mount base
- Xantrex True Charge 2 battery charger
- Backup Water Jet control
- Ritchie compass
- Trim Tab rocker switch controls with deflection gauges
Fusion MS IP600 stereo with four speakers in cockpit(2 forward and 2 aft). Remote control mounted outboard of helm seat.
Passenger area has a Carbon Fiber faced glove box forward of the passenger seat with stainless steel handrail.
- Outboard is a varnished teak shelf with one (1) cup holder.
- Pod opens for storage below.
Lounge Area is just aft from the helm area with an L-shaped inboard and forward-facing curved settee with a varnished teak shelf cap.
- Settee cushions are covered in matching yellow leather.
- Storage lockers under bottom cushions outboard
The engine box cover provides seating with the forward portion part of the L-settee and the aft portion aft facing seating. Between these seating areas is a cooler and a sink with cold pressure water. Access to the engine is via an electric-lift access to the engine area.
- Top-opening access to a sink and faucet with pressurized freshwater
- Top-opening access to an insulated cooler
- Aft-facing cushioned seating for two on the aft end of engine box
- Full-width, forward-facing aft settee cushioned seating.
- Storage locker under port and starboard seat
- Freshwater shower is located to starboard – at forward facing stern seat
- Direct overboard drainage scuppers
Through the forward sliding cuddy companionway door is a small cabin finished in satin-varnished cherry with white acoustic overhead with cherry trim.
- This area has 4' 1" headroom.
- Opening overhead hatch with solar vented fan for plenty of ventilation and airflow.
- V-berth cushions are covered in yellow leather.
- Interior hull sides are sheathed in varnished cherry wood.
- Storage under the forward cushion
- Vacu-flush 12-volt toilet between the bunks on centerline, with platform cover and cushion, plumbed to 10-gallon holding tank with deck pump-out.
- Holding tank “full” monitor
- (2) Frigast 12-volt stainless steel lights - port and starboard
- 12 volt breaker panel with LED volt/amp meter
- Louvered door access to anchor locker
Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12-volt DC electrical system:
Batteries total 420-amp/hrs:
- (1) 12-volt AGM Group 30 – 880 CCA start battery
- (1) 12-volt AGM Group 4-D 210-amp/hr house battery
- Battery on/off switches for house and start
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch – Emergency start capable
- 80-amp battery alternator
- 12-volt distribution panel with breakers, volt and amp meter
2002 Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370-HP 6-cylinder diesel engine with Hamilton 292 Jet Drive.
- ZF IRM220 transmission
- 12-volt DC 5” reversible bow thruster
- Hinckley “JetStick®” steering control system is integrated with bow thruster.
Mechanical features include:
- Racor fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Gauges: Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature
- Alarms: Low engine oil pressure, high engine water temperature, high hydraulic pressure
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500-gph, 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit seat locker
- 12 volt pressure freshwater system
Engine sound insulation:
- Lead-lined foam insulated engine box with double gaskets on cover
- Baffled and insulated engine air intake
- Custom muffler
- Varnished teak bow burgee staff with flush socket
- Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak staff with flush socket
- Life jackets
- Hand-held flare kit
- Running lights
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- Dock lines
- Telescoping boat hook
- Anchor windlass
- Delta anchor with 15’ stainless steel chain and 150’ Rode Muir electric windlass with folding stainless-steel roller and remote control.