Iconic recently-refitted carbon fibre superyacht to designs by Luca Brenta and with interiors by Lazzarini Pickering with construction by Pendennis. Truly ahead of her time and build and still leading the way today.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
WALLY B is arguably one of the most iconic sailing superyachts of all time. One of the very first full-carbon constructed superyachts, WALLY B was crafted by Pendennis in Falmouth UK to designs by Luca Brenta & Co and featuring the most stunning contemporary interior deigned by the Italian Lazzarini Pickering Architetti.
Designed to offer racing yacht performance, but with all the comfort of the most luxurious super yachts, WALLY B boasts uncluttered deck spaces, expansive outside seating and sunbathing areas, and the most beautiful 3-cabin plus crew interior of warm cherry with contrasting exposed lacquered carbon, polished stainless steel and the finest quality leather and cloth upholsteries.
Meticulously maintained since her launch, WALLY B has also benefited from a number of major refits, the most recent being in 2019/2020 in her present ownership.
Her specification highlights include:-
- Built at Pendennis shipyard under original ABS classification
- Beautiful Lazzarini & Pickering custom leather and exposed Carbon interior
- Full Carbon fibre & Kevlar hull construction
- Carbon Sothern Spars rig with Park Avenue boom and self-tacking jib
- Extensively refitted with most recent refit in 2019/2020
- Accommodates six guests in three staterooms and up to 5-6 crew in three cabins
- Full beam Owner’s cabin forward
- Unique deck lounge with retractable bimini
- Recent hull and superstructure repaint
- Teak deck replaced circa 2014
- Updated keel fitted - circa 2016
- Hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- New batteries
- New electronics
- New tender
WALLY B is now offered for sale as her owner is looking to consolidate his fleet.
WALLY B is a luxurious Yacht as simple as a dinghy to sail and as fast as a Maxi racer, featuring breakthrough interiors by Lazzarini Pickering Architects that made a bold statement in Yacht design when she was built at Pendennis in 1998.
Winner of the 1999 ShowBoats award “Best Sailing Yacht Under 38m”, and the 1999 Super Yacht Design Award “Best Sailing Yacht Under 36m”.
Designed by Luca Brenta & Co, she features state-of-the-art styling, design, construction, sail-handling and accommodation. The hull was constructed with the latest materials including carbon, kevlar and high temperature resins. The outer skin being 100% kevlar while the inner skin is all carbon separated by structural foam core – the deck and rig are also 100% carbon. Featuring Wally’s simplified sail handling system, the full performance of this exceptional Yacht can be achieved with the minimum of crew.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Carbon and Kevlar sandwich construction with Kevlar outer skin, carbon inner skin and structural foam core.
- Full topsides and superstructure repaint (white) - 2019
- Carbon deck and super structure
- Teak laid side decks and cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead fin keel externally bolted
- Carbon fibre spade rudder
Engine & gearbox:
- Scania MI 9 385hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooled engine
- Twin Disc reduction gearbox
- Electronic throttle controls at both helm stations
- Engine extensive service – 2019
- Cruising speed under engine – approx. 10 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
- 4-blade MaxProp feathering propeller
- Shaft drive with stainless steel prop shaft
- Hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- Wheel steering with twin carbon fibre helm wheels
- Emergency steering gear
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, generators or inverters
- Battery banks replaced 2019 with 72 batteries and total capacity of 1,900AH
- Separate battery banks for engine start, generators start, services and electronics.
- Battery monitoring systems
- 220vAC battery charging systems
- Mastervolt 4kw and 3kw 220vAC inverters - 2019
- Engine-mounted alternators
- Onan 25kw 220vAC generator
- Onan 17kw 220vAC secondary generator
- Shore power connection with 220vAC sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well-insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 220vAC immersion heater elements
- Fresh water filtration system
- Omosea 230l/h 220vAC reverse osmosis watermaker
- Approx 4,300 litres fuel capacity
- Approx 2,500 litres fresh water capacity
- 1x blackwater holding tank
- 2x greywater holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Multifunction Integrated System – GPS, Plotter, AIS, Radar, Echo-sounder etc. - completely replaced and updated 2019
- 1x Raymarine Quantum 2 Doppler radar - 2019
- 1x Raymarine Autopilot EV-300 - 2019
- 1x Simrad forward looking Echo-sounder - 2019
- B&G Multifunction System with 16 Displays
- 1x Furuno NavNet
- 2x GPS Furuno GP-150
- Sailor Inmarsat C
- Sailor VHF DSC 6222
- Simrad VHF RS87
- Furuno VSAT
- GSM Telephony
- 4G WiFi System
- Siemens oven with grill
- Custom made extraction hood
- Miele 4-burner ceramic hob
- Miele microwave oven
- Refrigerator 400 lt
- Deep Freezer 250 lt
- Wine cooler
- Ice maker
- 24vDC electric fresh water flush heads throughout
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Bosch washing machine,
- Bosch tumble dryer.
- Antaria 220vAC reverse-cycle air conditioning throughout interior
- Crestron central Entertainment system
- Lynn Amps & Speakers
- KVH SatTV
- Apple TV
- 4 TVs
- 6 x iPads to control all Lighting, A/C, Hatches, Entertainment System
Summary of Accommodation:
- Owner’s Stateroom with ensuite Bathroom and separate head and shower
- 2x Double Guest cabins with ensuite Bathroom
- Crew: 5 crew in 3 cabins with ensuite facilities
- Interior design by Lazzaarini & Pickering
- Cherry joinery with contrasting lacquered carbon fibre and polished stainless steel
- Upholsteries in neutral tone cloth or constrasting leather
- Stainless steel galley counters
- Cherry soleboards throughout
Accommodation From Forward:
- Large owner’s stateroom forward with aft-facing centreline king-size double berth plus separate heads and shower including bespoke carbon fibre and cherry bath.
- Twin double guest cabins aft, each with ensuite heads and showers
- Main saloon amidships with dinette and seating for 10+ to port and l-shaped sofa seating to starboard.
- Galley aft to port with navigation station opposite to starboard.
- Crew mess aft of galley to port.
- Captain’s double cabin opposite to starboard with separate heads with shower.
- Laundry & service area aft.
- Twin crew double cabins, each with separate heads and shower aft of laundry/service area
- Carbon Southern Spars Rig
- Keel-stepped spar
- 4-sets of swept-back spreaders
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging – inspected 2019
- Park Avenue Boom
- Hydraulics by Meridien
- Harken deck hardware
- Reckmann Furling Jib
- Self-tacking jib
- Mainsheet track on raised arch
- All rig and deck gear overhauled 2019
- Harken self-tailing hydraulic winch package – overhauled 2019
- North Sails 3Di Kevlar fully-battened mainsail – 2014
- North Sails 3Di Kevlar furling self-tacking jib -2014
- Flush deck hatches
- Wide and uncluttered deck spaces
- Social cockpit with table seating for 8-10
- Expansive aft deck for sunbathing
- Hydraulic Transom swimming platform creating private beach club and providing access to tender garage
- Hydraulic driven carbon gangway and swimming ladder with lighting
- Deck shower
Covers & Canvas:
- Retractable bimini top extending from mainsheet arch
- Sun mattresses.
- Cockpit cushions
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar hydraulic windlass
- Lewmar capstans hydraulically driven.
Tender & Outboard:
- Geniuss 380 3.80m RIB - 2019
- Yamaha 25HP 4-stroke outboard engine – 2019
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- 2x 8-man liferafts
- Safety equipment as per flag requirements
- FM200 fire-extinguishing system in engine room
- Fire-extinguishers in each cabin.
- Smoke/fire alarm system
Lying Athens, Greece
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com