This vessel is as of Aug 5 2021 under contract.
This very clean 2017 Owner Version Nautitech 40 was originally sold by our company Aeroyacht to her only owner.
SOBEN has voyaged along the East Coast, was never chartered and is in excellent condition. This is a great opportunity for a sailor looking for a true ocean-going singlehander, well-constructed and with a great owner layout. All mechanical and electrical systems have been conscientiously maintained by owner and everything is in excellent working order.
Don’t miss this one. Offered well under replacement value. Located in Rhode Island, USA.
Here are some highlights of SOBEN's extensive cruising equipment:
- Electric freshwater heads
- Full size shower in port side owner suite
- Expansive open-style cockpit with full cockpit enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
- Table lowers to make a double berth
- SOBEN can sleep up to 11 people
- Dual helm positions aft for excellent visibility and singlehanded docking
- 2 burner propane stove with oven
- Built in microwave
- Dual sinks with plenty of galley storage
- Dual fridges, one at galley and one in cockpit
- Ice maker installed under sink
- Garmin chart plotter, autopilot, and multifunction display at stbd helm station
- Throttle controls at stbd helm
- Multifunction display and compass installed in port helm
- Stereo with 4 speakers (salon and cockpit)
- 4 house batteries and 2 starting batteries (one for each engine)
- 120 V shore power running to twin chargers
- 2000W inverter
- Isolation switch also allows for generator to be installed in shore power receptacle
- 250W solar panels across dinghy davits
- All AC outlets include USB charging ports
- Fully battened mainsail and self-tacking jib (perfect for singlehanded operation)
- 4 cockpit winches
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Highfield dinghy 9’6” with 9.9HP Honda 4 stroke outboard
- Cooler with cushion
- Black salon window shades
- Upgraded 30HP Volvo diesels with saildrives
- Gori folding propellers
- High output alternators for quick battery charging
- 40 lbs anchor including 180’ chain
- Electric windlass
- Spare anchor with 200’ of anchor/rode
- Magma propane grill installed on aft rail
- Twin Eberspacher diesel cabin heaters (2019)
- Spectra Ventura watermaker (makes up to 200 gal of water/day)
- Garmin radar and AIS transmitter installed (2020)
The Nautitech 40 Open has significant advantages over other catamarans. Below are some of the most notable ones:
Largest Social Space of any 40′ Catamaran
Unlike a traditional catamaran whose cockpit is about the same size as the saloon, the Nautitech 40 Open combines these two spaces. This innovation results in a much larger than average cockpit and a combined space which unites the sheltered inside with the covered outside cockpit. An ingenious convertible awning system quickly transforms the cockpit into an enclosed space (which some customers heat in winter and aircondition in the tropics).
Most Advanced Hull Design
The new Nautitech 40 Open has advanced hulls designed by star architect Marc Lombard who created some of the world’s fastest ocean going catamarans. The 40 Open’s hulls have built in chines which create a slim waterline which slice through the water, yet provide a large luxurious interior and structural rigidity. The added benefit is a faster and drier ride.
Best Helm and Sailing Experience of any Cruising Catamaran
The unique twin helm stations provide superior views without any blind spots. Unlike charter cats which one “drives” from a precariously elevated flybridge or sitting awkwardly from a mezzanine level, with no visibility around the Genoa or rear, the race boat inspired steering enhances sailing sensations and makes docking a snap. Hold the twin carbon wheels and feel the mechanical steering with fingertip control. You will be sailing this boat with the helm feedback of a high performance sailing monohull rather than a camper. Finally a catamaran which puts sailing back into cruising catamarans. The added benefit of twin steering station is redundancy and with the large sun blocking mainsail raised – you will not need an ugly, soft bimini to protect you from the sun. In bad weather the exquisitely equipped inside steering station will have you in full autopilot control with full weather protection – why suffer outside?
The Nautitech 40 Open catamaran is known for its speed (see the Nautitech Open 40 video sailing at 20 knots) and high quality interior joiner work. Engineered and built in France the interior craftsmanship is above standards for yachts of this size.
Unsinkable due to Closed Cell Foam – no Balsa
The Nautitech 40 Open catamaran is built using the most advanced composite technology to the highest international offshore standards. Because of the low cost,95% of today’s production catamarans are built with a wood core (even in the bilge areas!) which tends to rot. Not the Nautitech 40 Open- which uses closed cell, high density foam as core which makes the boat virtually unsinkable and osmosis resistant. Solid composite bilges, sacrificial keels and a series of strategically placed watertight bulkheads make this one of the safest offshore cruising catamarans available today.
Another advantage over other cruising catamarans are the design and execution of the 40 Open underwater appendages. The aerodynamically optimized keels have a higher aspect ratio and less resistance creating more lift and sailing characteristics indistinguishable from dagger boards – but without the hassle of operation and safety concerns. The deep, high aspect ratio twin rudders are well aft and closely spaced to the hull for optimal rudder and autopilot control.
We are not the only ones who have recognized these magnificent vessels. In October 2015 the Nautitech 40 Open won, as the very first catamaran ever -the two most coveted industry awards in the same year !
The Nautitech Open 40 is innovative, modern, fast and powerful despite being the smallest boat in the range,
She reflects the lines of her big sister, the flagship 542. This boat will be versatilable, combining speed, comfort and easy to handle
This concept comes to redefine the concept of space thanks to its compactness and to its modularity.
This is what Gregor Tarjan (owner of an Open 40 and founder of Aeroyacht Ltd.) had to say after a test sail: “The 40 Open works so well as a sailing machine because of a combination of compounding features: her narrow waterline, chine for stiffness, closely spaced bulkheads and light weight to large sail plan. Pair that with a closed cell foam core, reliable fine appendages and mechanical F1 type helming and you have the perfect performance cruiser – a “true Swiss Army Knife of sailing yachts”…as the press has called this boat”
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.