INTRODUCTION: “BLACKBIRD” (name reserved) is a current model Picnic Boat MKIII with optional 435-hp Volvo Common Rail diesels for exhilarating performance. She boasts a 33 knot cruise speed and an almost 40 knot wide open throttle. The knowledgeable owners and the Hinckley team spent great lengths of time blending options, custom fabrics, special features and innovative high-tech products in this stunning example. This heavily optioned example includes features like upgraded electronics, JetStick II with H-Lock, Air Conditioning down below, high-end customer supplied fabrics, teak pilothouse deck and cockpit sole, and optional fully integrated Fusion stereo system. This Hinckley spends three months a year in Newport, and the rest of the year she is in heated indoor storage with Hinckley in Portsmouth, Rhode Island (since new). She has also been enrolled in our Hinckley Winter JetBoat Package since new. At this extreme high level of care, “BLACKBIRD”” will convey with the Hinckley CPO Warranty.
Please review her specifications and pictures to see why “Blackbird” is so special.
DECK & HULL:
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin. Aircraft grade end-grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon-fiber inner skin. SCRIMP® laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Black Magic Alexseal hull
- Off White gelcoat cabin house and deck.
- Off White single bootstripe
- Black bottom paint
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch and fold-out anchor roller. Hinckley designed polished SS folding anchor roller with 12-volt windlass. Windlass controls at helm and handheld wireless remote. Polished SS Delta anchor with 25’ SS chain and 150’ rode.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with Radome painted to match deck.
- Large opening side windows in Pilothouse
- (2) Stainless Steel electric opening hatches in the Pilothouse with powered Ocean Air Sky Screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Optional dual cleats and stainless steel chock for spring lines midships
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- Optional fresh water wash down in anchor well
- (2) Fishing rod holders mounted on the port and starboard side decks
- Swim handle on transom painted to match hull
- 3 Lumitec SeaBlaze White/Blue LED underwater lights on transom
Starboard transom door from swim platform
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Optional Removable Port Side Cushion to connect aft settee to aft facing settee
- Optional Aft Settee filler cushion for starboard side.
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Cockpit/pilothouse lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve at stern seat.
- Stamoid White cockpit cover
- Fresh water washdown in cockpit
- Cockpit seating cushions in LuxorLeather Wheat
- 18” Deep insulated and drained cooler in port amenity between cockpit and pilothouse
The Pilothouse has a custom full-length overhead teak hand rail with a lovely custom cockpit table that hinges to full width for dining to port and starboard.
- Teak finished pilothouse window trim and dash.
- (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Electric Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Stidd seats with LuxorLeather Wheat with Wheat piping for helmsman and navigator seats.
- Pilothouse cushions in LuxorLeather Wheat fabric
- Insulated white overhead has two (2) Electric opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screens/shades.
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage lockers under pilothouse settees
- (5) Cup holders
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail on centerline
- Stamoid White cover
- 5-piece drop curtains with Eisenglass windows .
- Portside amenity has built- in self draining drink cooler with stowage underneath.
Helm Station (Starboard)
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Varnished teak fiddles on either side of helm pod
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick II®” with H-Lock and Heading hold features
- Push button electric powered pilothouse side windows
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- 12-volt “cigarette style” outlet near helm
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Garmin MFD8215 with card reader & GPS
- Garmin GRID control for 8000 series nav display
- P79 Depth transducer
- Garmin network wifi adapter
- Garmin GXM52 SiriusXM Satellite Weather Marine Receiver
- Garmin GMI20 Multifunction display
- Garmin GHP12 Autopilot with GHC20 Control Head and Shadow Drive
- Bluechart G2 Vision chart chip
- Optional Fusion Marine stereo system includes USB audio input inside cabin and DVD video cable feed to the main Navigation screen at helm.
- Fusion Marine Bluetooth audio module for wireless music streaming from any Bluetooth capable device.
- All speakers for system are Alpine.
- Volume level for speaker zones controlled through Raymarine screen at the helm.
- (3) Pair of speakers – In V-berth forward bulkhead, pilothouse. Forward and pilothouse speakers have remote volume control.
- Sirius Satellite Radio
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry with a custom gloss varnished cherry countertop. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover. Louvered cherry locker doors and (5) Frigast stainless steel bulkhead lights add to the cabin ambience.
- 10,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning with outlets in the main cabin
Entry is from the pilothouse companionway to the galley to port, private head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward.
- Custom Corian Which Hazel countertop
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle and hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining insulated box
- 600-watt 110-volt microwave oven
- 110-volt outlet
- Built-in bin for dish stowage
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area and houses the stereo system.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Custom gloss varnished cherry countertop and under-mounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- Stainless steel towel bar
- Optional V-berth
- Forward cabin seat and berth cushions in Sunbrella Sailcloth Shell
- Storage lockers under V-berth has easy-access cherry drop-front doors.
- Cedar-lined hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard.
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Overhead Stainless Steel opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade.
Low resistance, copper wire and sacrificial zinc anode bonding system.
- (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps.
- Start – Two 12-volt AGM Group 31 batteries with 950 CCA capability.
- House – Two 12-volt AGM Group 4D batteries – 210-amps each.
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch allows emergency starting.
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine.
- 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
110-volt AC electrical system
- 110-volt shore power inlet and relay.
- 30 amp shore power cord.
- Victron Multiplus inverter/charger with 100-amp 12-volt multi-stage battery charging capability.
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT & ENGINE DETAILS:
- Optional Twin Volvo D6-435-hp Common Rail diesel engines
- Hamilton 274 Jet Drives
- Twin ZF 63 transmissions
- 7” hydraulic variable thrust bow thruster
- Hinckley custom “JetStick II” control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Dual cylinder trim tabs with indicator controls at helm
- Fuel filter/water separator
- Volvo LCD multi-function display. Separate analog tachometer, oil pressure, fuel tank gauge, and engine coolant temperature for each engine.
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges.
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high engine water temperature and hydraulic pressure.
- Manual hydraulic steering pump.
- (3) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches and high water alarm
- High pressure anchor wash down pump
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker.
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump.
- 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge.
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated.
- 40-gallon polyethelelene water tank.
- (2) 110-gallon polyethelene fuel tanks - total 220-gallons.
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam-lined engine box insulation.
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser.
- Engine box forced-air exhaust fan.
- Baffled and insulated air intake
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down.
- Compass: Ritchie, mounted at helm seat.
- Fire Extinguisher: Three 2-1/2 lb. dry chemical.
- Flares: USCG approved flare kit.
- Horn: 12-volt Kahlenberg air horn with switch on dash.
- Life Jackets: Six adult Type 1 PFD.
- Running Lights: Approved running and masthead lights.
- Fenders: Three 8" x 20" inflatable fenders with Polartec covers and Wichard snap hooks for each fender line.