Sagata is a proven, strong and seaworthy yacht that will allow you to cruise in safety and comfort. Her saloon is bright and airy, with windows in the pilothouse/saloon providing good views forward and abeam. Sagata has an owner’s cabin aft; a V berth cabin forward, and a third cabin with bunk berths midships. The head features an integrated shower, vanity and toilet. The anchor locker, forward of the V berth, also acts as a sail locker and storage.
Sagata has a strong, tight hull and is built on massive frames of 4”x 3” kauri wood at 12” centers. Her hull planking is 11/4” kauri fixed with silicone and bronze screws. Deck is 1¾”solid teak laid over deck frames. This construction makes her warm in colder climes and cool in the tropics. She has an aluminum mast, boom and spinnaker pole. Her cutter rig is modern and easily managed by a solo sailor or couple.
The pilothouse and dodger provide excellent protection for the cockpit and a warm area from which to sail in high latitudes. With her high bow and sheer, she is excellent in a heavy sea and has ample work space forward for anchoring and sail handling. The gunnels along with the 35” stanchions add safety when working forward while under way.
Sagata is a well-built proven offshore vessel. She has travelled over 40,000 nautical miles with her current owners, who have sailed her to the Pacific North-West from New Zealand via Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Japan to the Aleutian Islands, Alaska and down the Inland Passage. Her hull has been painted after the Pacific crossing and the boat has been refurbished by the owners to make her ready for her next adventure. The current owners have maintained a high standard of condition throughout their ownership.
Sagata has a current survey available to prospective purchasers.
This is a robust, well built boat for the world cruiser who wants something proven and reliable.
- Carvel planked Kauri hull
- Transverse and longitudinal frames
- Silicone bronze fasteners
- Burmese teak decking 1¾” thick.
- Deck timbers are 4 x 4 on 12” centers
- Stainless steel pulpit, and stanchions 35” high
- Triple lifelines
- Oversized pushpit and davits
- Oversized double bow roller
- Super structure Kauri walls with plywood glassed over
- Fo’c’sle forward with chain locker and storage with dogged hatch to V berth
- 3 cabins
- Forward cabin has 4 bunks or large V berth with shelving both port and starboard
- Starboard side cabin has upper and lower bunks with ample storage and hanging locker.
- Master cabin aft with Pullman berth, hanging locker and 7 cupboards for storage
- Forward hallway on centerline gives access to enclosed head to port with vanity, marine toilet and shower which is a coved and glassed wet room.
- Also provides access to washing machine and storage
- Pilothouse/Main Salon has inside helm to port starboard side has C settee with centre-line table mid ships
- Galley in port quarter of pilot house.
- Walkway to starboard from Pilothouse (to master cabin)
- Workshop under cockpit in walkway.
- L-shaped layout to port
- 4 burner Roden propane stove and oven
- Top-loading freezer
- Front opening fridge
- New 240v freezer compressor 2019 off engine or genset
- 240v microwave
- Galley strap for support while under way
- Large cupboards, pegged for crockery, and drawers for utensils, Pull out pantry for spices, condiments and liquor storage.
- Pantry starboard with storage under and behind seating.
- Gardner 6LW 8.5 liter diesel through Gardner gearbox with hydraulic shifting and 2:1 step down final drive. Engine has 5,700 hours.
- Maximum engine revs 1100rpm cruise at 800rpm.
- Fuel consumption 1gal per hour approx. at 1000RPM
- 24V starting system
- Racor 500FG fuel filter and 3 Gardner fuel filters
- 4 blade bronze propeller 30 x 32”
- 65mm Stainless steel propeller shaft
- 2007 Yangdong YSAD380 10 Kw Genset putting out 50Hz 230/240 VAC with 2200 hours
- 2 fuel tanks 1 port 1 starboard of Corten steel
- Extensive selection of spare filters, engine and pumps parts.
- 4 12v Canada Proof group 31 house batteries 2019
- 2 12v Trogen AMG in parallel for 24V starting battery 2016
- Leeche Neville 12 VDC 160 amp Alternator
- Gardner 24V alternator
- 240V electrical panel
- 12V electrical panel
- Victron Energy Skyllas-tg 24V 25amp charger for starting
- Victron Energy Centaur 12v 80 amp charger for house
- 2 x 70w solar panels with Morningstar Pro Star PS 30M charge controller
- Separate engine and house main battery switches
- Multi Power SU-3000 step down transformer
- Boat has 110V and 240V step up/step down transformer
- Holding tank forward
- 12v electric marine head
- Copper riveted water tanks
- 16 gallon 110/240 V/Engine hot water tank
- Shower in head with 12v Whale Gluper sump pump
- Cold shower at stern
- Domestic water pumped by Shurflo 2.8GPM
- Accumulator tank
- Rule 2000 gph Electric-automatic float
- Johnson 500 ghp electric- automatic float
- Rule pump under engine
- Manual Whale 25 gpm bilge pump
- Samsung SW500SP washing machine
- Raymarine ST6002 autopilot display
- Raymarine X30 Smart Pilot
- Icom IC-M304 VHF plus Raymarine handheld VHF
- Icom IC-M700 PRO SSB
- Raymarine ST60+ Wind speed, direction
- Raymarine Speed
- Raymarine Depth
- Raymarine 120c GPS chart plotter
- Raymarine Radome
- Lowrance Global Map 750 GPS for repeater of instruments
- Raymarine Chart plotter and AIS
- Sestral magnetic compass
- AM/FM DVD VCD MP3 CD player
- Flat screen TV
SAILS + RIGGING
- Masthead cutter rig
- Keel-stepped double spreader masthead rig with aluminum mast
- 1 x 19 wire rigging
- Aluminum boom
- Aluminum pole
- Deck light
- Furling genoa 2018
- Cruising spinnaker and sock 2016
- Furling staysail 2012
- Storm staysail
- Storm tri sail
- Pro-Furl genoa and staysail furlers
- Isolators on backstay for SSB
- Gennaker equipment including halyard
- Solid boom vang with spring and block and tackle
- 2 Bronze 2 speed winches for genoa
- 2 Barlow 27 ST 2 speed winches for halyards
- Single 12V single speed Anchorman halyard winch
- Large selection of spare sheets and mooring lines
- Sun screen for pilothouse windows
- Summer covers for deck
- Swim ladder on stern
- Large folding swim platform on stern
- Manson Supreme 80lb anchor
- Plough 80lb anchor as back-up
- Danforth anchor as extra back up
- Commercial grade Electric windlass
- 450’ chain and 300’ rode
- Painted steel dinghy davits
- Bimini with stainless steel frame
- Canvas dodger
- Diesel fired forced air cabin heat
- 15lb propane tank with regulator
- 4 12V fans for air flow
- Bottom painted August 2019
- Aquapro SMR 1101 Aluminum RIB 2009
- Yamaha 15HP outboard 2009
- Survitec RFD 8 person life raft
- Stand Communications GME ASSUSAT 406Hz EPIRB
- Sailor Thrane & Thrane Inmarsat satellite communication system
- RFD drogue
- Bosun chair and climbing harness
- 5 fire extinguishers (current) plus fire blanket
- 4 large fenders
- Current survey done August 2019
Not for sale in Canadian waters