1953 Hinckley Owens Cutter
- Ver especificaciones completas
- Tipo de motor/combustible:
- Sencilla / diesel
- Situado en:
- Deltaville, VA
- Material del casco:
- Precio actual:
- US$ 125,000 (EUR 107,177)
The Hinckley Owens 40 Cutter is one of the most beautiful and best performing sailing yachts that Hinckley built during the 50's.
Behold, the restoration of "Desperado" is as complete and beautiful as one could ask for!
This boat has huge "Wow Factor"
Designed by Norman G. Owens of Owens Boatworks in Baltimore, Maryland and first produced in 1946. Owens Boatworks produced 41 of these cutter designs as sleek, powerful, fast , Chesapeake Bay racers. The 3 Owens brothers decided to discontinue production in 1949 and concentrate on power boat construction. The plans were offered to the Henry R. Hinckley Co. and the Hinckley Company built 12 of the wooden cutters in the 50's before shifting to the new fiberglass construction. Only 4 cutters were built with the mahogany hard dodgers--they were referred to as "Doghouses"
There have been 7 previous owners prior to the current owners.
The current owners purchased the boat in 2002 and spent almost 2 years doing a total restoration of "Desperado". The restoration was done by a professional shipwright that lived with the project until she was completed in 2004. An outline of the restoration is as follows:
- Restoration of "Desperado" began May 25, 2002
- Demo work included removal of all hardware, plumbing, wiring, wheel pedestal, and spars.
- Removed teak decking and re-planed for reuse.
- Replaced damaged deck frames.
- 1/2" marine plywood installed over deck frames and epoxy sealed.
- Removed fuel and water tanks for inspection and cleaning.
- Removed Westerbeke diesel for a complete rebuild.
- Removed all varnish from cabin truck and doghouse and refinished with varnish.
- Epoxy and faired carvel coachroof
- Installed new port glass and bronze port rings.
- Sanded hull to bare wood and applied 2 layers of 1/4" marine plywood over existing mahogany hull. The overlay was epoxy saturated, glued and SS stapled to the hull to form a "cold mold" overlay. When cured, the hull was sanded, faired, re-sanded, and fiberglassed from toe rail to keel with 6 oz. cloth and epoxy resin. Hull was sanded, faired, primed and painted with Interlux "Toplac"--Flag Blue.
- Installed a new mahogany rub rail with bronze guard, new mahogany cap rail and added 1/4" mahogany veneer to the toe rail face.
- Dry-fit, epoxy and screwed the planed 5/8" teak deck onto to the new deck.
- Caulked decks
- Installed new rudder and tiller steering system.
- Installed new prop shaft, shaft tube, exhaust system, and engine.
- New bottom paint
- Launched December 12, 2002.
- Rebuilt cockpit to include new combing boards, combing cap, and teak veneer cockpit seats.
- Started interior rebuild by removing all settees, galley, and head.
- Fabricated and installed new SS 40 gal water tank under vee-berth and fabricated new SS ice box with 3" insulation.
- Installed Force 10 propane stove and propane system and new galley sink.
- Complete interior hull / bilge paint job ( bilge gray)
- Full custom interior rebuild including white cedar interior hull strips.
- Totally re-wired, re-plumbed boat with new 12v/110v circuit panel
- New batteries and interior lighting.
- New summer awning (2003)
- Finished engine hookup to full operation.
- Re-finished Sitka Spruce mast ( June 2003)
- Sanded deck and re-installed all deck hardware, winches, and cleats (Polished Bronze)
- All new interior cushions (2003)
- Soft dodger extension to the "Doghouse" made and installed.
- Tuned rig
- Maiden sail ( Columbus Day Weekend 2003 ) in the Turkey Shoot Regatta. Won the "Miss Ann" trophy for most beautiful yacht in a fleet of 135 participants.
- Winter 2003 / 2004 final interior finishes and new galley table.
- 2003 New Mainsail, Staysail, and 135 Genoa (Quantum)
- 2003 New winter canvas cover.
- 2004 New Fir Boom built
- 2005 Added new high-cut Yankee and 155 Genoa (Ullman)
- 2005 New Mainsail and staysail covers and genoa bag
- 2009 Modified and re-located engine oil filter and oil cooling system.
- 2010 New summer awning.
- 2011 New anchor brace and rolling system
- 2015 New electric fuel pump and Racor filter system.
- 2015-16 Un-stepped and refinished mast, installed new head, re-finished and re-caulked teak decks, and installed new port glass.
- 2015-16 New standing Rigging!
"Desperado" has just been bottom painted and launched for the 2017 season.
The boat is currently in the water for inspection.
If sheer beauty is what you wish to sail----this Hinckley Owens is a must see boat.
No details or expenses have been spared!
Let the pictures tell the story!
Seller is retiring from Sailing!
Please contact Master User at 804-438-6443
Características adicionales, equipo e información:
Eslora total: 41 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Manga: 10 Pies 6 Pulgadas
Eslora en la flotación: 28 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Calado máximo: 6 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Lastre: 6000 Libras
Altura de techo: 6 Pies 3 Pulgadas
Peso seco: 19500 Libras
Potencia Total: 37 HP
Marca del motor: Westerbeke
Año de construcción: 1968
Modelo del motor: 4-107
Tipo de motor: Intraborda
Tipo de motor/combustible: Diesel
Número de horas del motor: 650
Hélice: Hélice 3 palas
Tipo de transmisión: Transmisión directa
Potencia del motor: 37 HP
Número de depósitos de agua dulce: 2 Acero inoxidable (110 Galones)
Número de depósitos de combustible: 1 Acero inoxidable (35 Galones)
Número de literas simples: 5
Número de camarotes: 2
Número de aseos: 1
Capacidad de asientos: 6
Compás - Ritchie
Corredera - Velocímetro
Piloto automático - Raymarine
VHF - Standard Horizon
Mayor full batten - Quantum 2004
Foque de capa - Yankee hi-cut 100 Ullman 2005
Génova - 135 and 155 Quantum 2004
Tangón de spi
Timón de caña - with Raymarine autopilot
Bomba de achique eléctrica
Aseo marino - Jabsco Twist-Lock 2016
Calefacción - Soapstone wood-charcoal stove
Cargador de baterías
Horno - Force 10 with 2 burners
Bomba de achique manual
Toma de puerto - 30 amp with shorepower cord
Cubierta lateral en Teka - Sanded andre-caulked 2016
Teca en bañera
Escalera de baño
Lona cierre bañera
Capota de mal tiempo
Cubierta de vela mayor
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
*This price is based on today's currency conversion rate.