Nominated for the European Yacht of the Year, the Gunfleet 58 combines a stunning profile with excellent performance and best in class accommodation and features.
This is a powerful sailing yacht that delivers real performance and a rewarding helming experience that will delight the most demanding of yachtsmen. Clean, undistorted hull lines, an upright stem and long waterline, and generous beam carried well aft, all point to an excellent performance profile.
Variable draft and twin rudders as standard
Her ballasted shoal draft keel, with deep centerboard, gives her serious upwind potential with the convenience of ultra-shoal draft. The benefits from twin rudders have to be experienced to be believed. The Gunfleet 58 carries virtually no weather helm even when pressed to the wind or when close-reaching with spinnaker with maximum heel. Steering remains finger-light with total control at all times. The absence of helm weight means zero fatigue for helmsman or autopilot.
Properly protected helm stations
Clean and uncluttered, the deck is easy to move around when sailing. The twin ‘Flightdeck’ helm positions feel secure as they are set down on deck, properly protected, so the helmsman steers from ‘in’, not ‘on’ the boat. There is easy access to the cockpit from the aft deck without a hazardous climb over coachroof or coamings.
Easy, short-handed sailing
This large yacht can still be sailed short or even single-handed with ease. Powered winches, furlers and traveller are all within reach of the helmsman. The forward cockpit is indeed completely devoid of ropes, enabling guests to relax in comfort around the beautiful custom cockpit table.
A huge lazarette and a forward sail locker
The Gunfleet 58 is the only yacht in its class to offer a huge, full-width lazarette in addition to a deep forward sail locker. She is also available with an optional hydraulic stern platform in lieu of the standard open ‘sugar scoop’ stern.
Light, spacious and supremely stylish accommodation
Below decks, you are immediately struck by the sense of light and space in the stylish saloon. The whole accommodation feels spacious and uncluttered with huge attention to detail throughout. The accommodation flows beautifully and is flooded with light thanks to overhead skylights and panoramic hull windows in all principal cabins. Every space has the feel of a larger yacht and none more so than the spectacular master cabin aft. There are three additional sleeping cabins, one of which is en-suite and a first-class walk-in engine room. Careful attention to sound insulation ensures below decks on the Gunfleet 58 is a very pleasant place to be – even underway.
|Length Overall||18.25m (59' 10")|
|Length of Hull||17.60m (57' 8")|
|Length of Waterline||16.36m (53' 8")|
|Beam||5.20m (17' 1")|
|Centre boarder up||1.75m (5' 8")|
|Centre board down||3.60m (11'10")|
|Displacement||31,000kg (68,343 lbs)|
|Water||1000 litres (220 gallons)|
|Fuel||1500 litres (330 gallons)|
|Engine||Volvo D3 150hp (110 kW)|
|Mainsail (In-Mast Furing)||77 sq m (832 sq m)|
|Jib (furling 135%)||97.35 sq m (1,048 sq m)|
|Air Draft||24.82m (81'5")|
|(excl. optional lights and aerials)|
An optional fixed keel version with a draft of approximately
2.1 m (6’ 9”) is available – details on request.
NB Displacement and draft are quoted in typical cruising
trim for the standard yacht with half filled tanks.
• Twin spade rudders (semi-balanced)
• Emergency back-up via tiller on deck
• 24V domestic battery system
• 600 amp hrs 24V domestic battery bank - AGM sealed type
• Second alternator Mastervolt 24V 110 amp with Alpha Pro 3 stage regulator
• 100 amp 24V battery charger
• Pressurised freshwater pump 24V
• Galley sink discharge pump
• WC basin/shower discharge pumps x 2
• CZone switching/control/monitoring system
• Vimar switches
• Xenon interior lighting
• Reading lights x 8 (1 per berth)
• LED chart table flexi light
• Drinks locker auto lighting
• Hanging locker auto lights
• LED companionway and step lighting
• LED navigation lights
• Steaming light and deck flood lights
• Tri-white tri-colour and anchor light
• Compass lights
• Auto ignition on cooker
• DVD/radio with 2 speakers in saloon and 2 cockpit speakers
• Gas solenoid with on/off switch at galley
• Emergency steering hardware
• Manual and automatic electric bilge pumps
• Steering compass at pedestals x 2
• Zinc guard protection to shore power circuit
• Mooring warps x 2
• Fenders x 4
• Boat hook
• Tool kit and cleaning kit
• Horseshoe buoy
• Safety harness points
• Fire extinguishers x 4
• Anchor 34kg CQR and 80m calibrated chain
• 2 coats of Antifouling
• 6kg LPG gas bottle x1
• Basic signwriting
• Set of Owner’s manuals
• Launching and commissioning at Fox’s Marina, Ipswich. UK