Eye-wateringly beautiful classic style cruiser from Spirit Yachts. 2011 build, and in raised deckhouse guise, she is roomier and drier than her sisterships, making her the ideal passage maker for those wanting to arrive in style.
With a slightly increased freeboard over her non-deckhouse sisterships, SPIRIT OF TAMINA give a drier ride on passage and the pagoda deckhouse offers a great social area with comfortable seating/extra berths as well as excellent weather protection while sailing. The 57DH retains all the beautifully elegant looks of the classic Spirits, along with their legendary performance and ease of handling. Beyond the beautifully sculptural deckhouse lies another of Spirit Yacht’s hallmarks - the clean completely flush teak deck, offering large uncluttered areas to work or relax. Below decks there is a second saloon along with cabins all fitted out in Spirit's inimitable style.
Now offered for sale to make way for a new larger build, SPIRIT OF TANMINA is keenly priced to attract a speedy sale. Located at Vismara’s Viareggio shipyard, she is also well placed for her next owner to make any changes or updates.
The Spirit 57DH – hand crafted by the world’s leading ‘Yacht Designers & Builders’ of modern classic sailboats – takes Spirit’s hallmark ‘classic style’ to a new level of performance.
Designed with increased volume and therefore greater comfort for world-wide cruising, the Spirit DH57 retains the beautifully elegant look of the Classic Spirits, along with their legendary performance and ease of handling.
Ideal for light-handed cruising or racing, the DH57 can be sailed with limited crew or set up for single-handed sailing. With the added comfort of the deckhouse, up to eight people can be accommodated on board in style and comfort.
SPIRIT YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Established in Suffolk in 1993, Spirit Yachts has over 20 years’ experience designing and building modern classic yachts. Operating from its waterside premises in Ipswich, Spirit Yachts is led by CEO and renowned yacht designer Sean McMillan, who has a portfolio of wooden sail and power yacht designs from 37’ to 100’+ superyachts, including custom projects.
Hand-crafted by Spirit’s team of skilled craftsmen and women using wood-epoxy construction, Spirit yachts are immensely strong yet lightweight. Spirit’s sophisticated classic design paired with the latest in modern build techniques and technology offers a carefully considered balance for both performance racing and blue water cruising.
Famed for elegant beauty combined with racing performance and structural integrity, Spirit yachts are designed and built in-house in a seamless, unified process. Combined with many years of experience, Spirit’s holistic approach offers a unique combination of creativity, innovation, practicality and excellent customer service.
- RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
- Douglas Fir planking over male mould. Cedar planking overlaid with Khaya veneers laid at 45 degrees to the planking. Epoxy bonded.
- The hull planking is sheathed with layers of bi-radial glass/epoxy and scrim above the waterline. The whole is then faired with Awlgrip epoxy fillers and spray coated with two-pack Awlgrip paint finish.
- Hull sprayed ’Carinthia Blue’ with gold cover line and genuine gold leaf name lettering
- The hog, keel, stem, stern post and horn timer are all constructed from solid or laminated straight grain Douglas Fir
- All floors, engine beds, keel and mast supports from solid Mahogany
- The bulkheads at the fore end of the forecabin and at the forward end of the cockpit are completely sealed and form watertight crash bulkheads.
Deck, Cockpit & Superstructure Construction:
- All deck beams in laminated Brazilian Cedar, integral to ringframes where necessary.
- Structural bulkheads in 12mm plywood, braced with solid mahogany.
- The beams are overlaid with 12mm plywood, scarf jointed and then laminated with a 7mm teak laid deck.
- Full length bulkwarks fitted as part of the hull structure, varnish finished.
- Cockpit constructed from solid mahogany on a marine ply substructure. Varnish finished.
- Deckhouse constructed from varnished mahogany over laminar substructure with laminated toughened glass windows and opening skylights and ports.
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel is a flattened bulb type for maximum righting moment and with optimum high/low pressure separation across the keel assured by bulb form, with vortex tip for minimal drag with the keel blade is optimised for performance built to NACA section design and constructed in high strength SG steel.
- The ballast bulb is cast in lead antimony with an integrally cast matrix to join bulb and blade.
- The keel is through bolted to the hull with keel bolts and faired and coated with an epoxy barrier.
- Rudder blade manufactured as a multi-laminate timber blade, epoxy carbon sheathed and fitted on a solid machined stainless steel stock rotating in self-aligning top and bottom bearings.
Engine & gearbox:
- YANMAR 4JH4-TE 75hp 4-cylinder turbo diesel engine
- Fresh water cooling
- Yanmar KM marine reduction gearbox
- Wet exhaust system
- Single lever control with secondary control at chart table
Propulsion & Steering:
- Gori 3-bladed folding propeller
- Sleipner Sidepower bowthruster
- Steering is by direct chain and wire drive.
- 1.2m wheel custom built in laminated mahogany rim with high strength invisible carbon fibre core.
- Mahogany binnacle with turned top and bottom and octagonal classical fluting to body.
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
- Mastervolt 12v AGM engine start battery
- Mastervolt 12v Gel service batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 24v supply
- 24vDC service batteries –Mastervolt 200Ah Gel – approx. 650Ah – 2016
- 12vDC Optima Red Top 50Ah generator start battery
- Mastervolt Mass 24 battery charger for service battery bank.
- Mastervolt Mass 12 battery charger for start battery bank.
- Mastervolt Mass Sine 24 Inverter
- Maservolt Whisper 3.5kw 230vAC generator
- 24v engine-mounted alternator with splitter diode for 12v charging of engine battery
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Isotherm 50 litre stainless steel water heater. Heated by engine cooling water or by 230vAC immersion heater element from AC system.
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley.
- Swim shower/deckwash in main lazarette locker
- Seafresh H202 230vAC fully automatic reverse osmosis watermaker producing 36lph
- High capacity electric bilge pump with manifold system picking up from midships, engine space, steering space and lazarette bilge area.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- 550 litre fuel capacity in polyethylene construction and with Racor fuel filter water separator.
- Deck filler
- Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
- 500 litres water capacity in two polyethylene tanks (340 litres under forward berth and 160 litres under upper saloon seating)
- Deck filler
- Blackwater holding tanks for each heads (70 litre forward and 80 litres aft) with tank gauges.
- Discharging overboard or via deck outlet
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Z8 colour radar chart plotter display at helm
- B&G Z12 colour radar chart plotter display at chart table
- Simrad NAIS-300 transceiver
- B&G autopilot with controls at helm pedestal and at chart table
- B&G multi-repeater in owners cabin
- B&G wind, speed, depth and log transducer with repeaters displays in cockpit
- Steering compasses
- Simard VHF with DSC and speaker at helm and chart table
- Stainless steel 3-burner gas stove with oven and grill.
- Isotherm refrigeration system with 120litre front opening fridge
- 46 litre top-opening freezer
- Nespresso machine
- Stainless steel sink
- 2x Tecma seawater flush 24vDC electric heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto 230vAC reverse cycle air-conditioning and heating system
- LCD TV/DVD on electric lift in saloon
- CD/radio stereo systems in owner’s cabin and at chart table
- Bose speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 berths in three cabins plus further occasional/sea berths in lower and upper saloons.
- 2 heads compartments
- Forepeak sail locker accessible from deck
- Owner’s cabin with centreline berth
- Owner’s ensuite heads with shower
- Lower saloon with u-shaped seating to port and fold-out central stool
- U-shaped galley opposite to starboard
- Day heads aft to port
- Double cabin aft of heads to port
- Twin cabin aft to starboard
- Steps to upper saloon and chart table area
- Chart table area to port with secondary helm
- Upper saloon seating to port and starboard
- Structural furniture contributing to rigidity of the hull structure
- Joinery finished in polished solid mahogany (no veneers used)
- All interior surfaces finished in either white eggshell or satin/gloss varnish as required.
- Interior areas are fitted out in traditional style with fielded and raised mahogany panelling throughout, hand rubbed and polished.
- Grey alcantara upholstery throughout
- Southern Spars white painted carbon fibre mast and boom.
- Two sets of swept-back spreaders
- Keel stepped mast
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging (2011)
- Electric genoa furler recessed beneath deck level
- Halyards run internally exiting above deck to be led to turning blocks around the mast collar
- Genoa halyard with Antal pin-stop track and removable halyard tail
- Fully-battened mainsail system with Harken battencars
- Hydraulic backstay, outhaul and vang with electric pump and push button control
- Adjustable mainsheet track on deckhouse roof
- Harken polished self-tailing winch package 8x with 2-speed self-tailing winches, 7 of which are powered
- Pentex fully-battened mainsail with deep roach and 2 reefs
- Pentex furling 110% genoa
- Code zero
- Flush-fitting deckhead hatches
- Brackets for removable guardwire stanchions
- Cockpit table
Covers & Canvas:
- Mainsail cover
- Canvas cover for saloon skylight
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Retractable anchor arm
- Lewmar 24vDC reversing electric anchor windlass
- Delta anchor with 10mm chain
- Various warps and fenders
- 406Mhz EPIRB
- Fire extinguishers
- LED navigation lights throughout