Características adicionales, equipo e información:
Nombre del barco
Constructor: Spirit Yachts Ltd.
Diseñador: Sean McMillan
Eslora total: 54 Pies 9 Pulgadas
Manga: 11 Pies 2 Pulgadas
Eslora en la flotación: 39 Pies 8 Pulgadas
Calado mínimo: 7 Pies 2 Pulgadas
Calado máximo: 7 Pies 2 Pulgadas
Desplazamiento: 8000 Kilogramos
Potencia Total: 54 HP
Marca del motor: Yanmar
Modelo del motor: 4JH4E
Tipo de motor: Intraborda
Tipo de motor/combustible: Diesel
Potencia del motor: 54 HP
Número de literas simples: 6
Número de camarotes: 2
Número de aseos: 1
Spirit Yachts are rather special and they turn heads always with their elegant good looks. Their design allows them to compete successfully in regattas both in the UK and internationally. They are competitive under IRC and they are well balanced and easy to handle both in a regatta situation and also for family sailing. Crew work onboard can be straight forward and uncomplicated as she races without a spinnaker pole to manhandle and sails with asymmetric spinnakers. Alternatively, she was originally set up with a spinnaker pole, which is still in place, with the appropriate sail inventory.
There are now 54 Spirit Yachts afloat and during this time they have shone on the international circuit. SOUFRIERE herself has an enviable regatta record –
- 2007 the Fitzpatrick Salver at the Howth Yacht Club annual regatta – Lambay Island race.
- 2009 the Spirit Trophy at the British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2009 Class 1 trophy at the British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2009 Ladies race at the British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2010 the Spirit Trophy at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2010 the Lutine Cup Class 1 trophy at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2014 the Spirit Trophy at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2014 the Lutine Class 1 trophy at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2014 the Long Inshore Classic Boat trophy at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2015 the Ladies race at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
- 2015 line honours in the Round the Island race at the Panerai British Classic Yacht Club Cowes regatta.
Outside these outings SOUFRIERE has been sparingly used and has much more to give as a fast and responsive cruising yacht. Her interior is atmospheric and works well for day sailing or when cruising and overnighting. She sleeps 4 comfortably with a twin owners berth aft and a double berth forward. There are 2 further berths in the main saloon and a heads compartment and shower. Aft she has an oilskin locker which could be reinstated as a second heads if required.
Every year she has been laid up ashore from October to May with the mastracked and stripped of all halyards, rod rigging, alloy spreaders and mast head instruments. All stripped items are stored indoors. She has a timber strong-back and fitted breathable Regentex winter cover to allow for varnish maintenance to be carried out whilst she slumbers. Last winter was spent at her build yard and she is now offered after a full refresh of her varnish work both internally and externally, together with a topside re-spray in Awlgrip. She also has fresh upholstery. She sparkles.
A very special modern cruiser racer with epic good looks, she is being offered at a fraction of replacement cost.
Note: There is a race package available by separate negotiation which includes a number of additional sails and other racing hardware. Please do contact us for a list of this extra equipment.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Mahogany rings frames, with Brazilian Cedar planking over a male mould with 18mm scantlings x 65mm cover epoxy bonded. The Cedar planking is overlaid with two layers of 3mm Khaya veneers laid at 45 degrees to the planking and epoxy bonded. The hog, keel, stern post and horn timber are all constructed from solid or straight grain Douglas Fir. The beam shelf is fabricated in laminated Douglas fir
- Hull is sheathed with E-Glass and epoxy before finishing with Awlcraft paint system which was refinished in 2016.
- All floors, engine beds, keel and mast supports are fabricated in solid mahogany.
- 15 major ring frames are fitted along the hull fabricated from laminated Mahogany and finished at 60mm by 55mm.
- The cap shrouds are supported by 85mm by 70mm frames forming the primary chain plate mount and transmitting the loads to the hull and keel framing.
- The bulkheads at the forward end of the forward cabin and at the forward end of the steering and machinery space are completely sealed and form crash bulkheads.
- The engine room bilge is self-contained and any cabling, ducting and pipework are fitted with suitable glands that pass through the bulkheads as high up as possible.
- The hull planking is sheathed with 2 layers of 400 gsm bi-radial glass/epoxy with a 200 gsm scrim above the waterline and then everything is faired with Awlgrip epoxy fillers and spray coated with two-pack Awlgrip paint.
- The hull is further stiffened as all the internal plywood furniture is bonded to the hull to form a monocoque structure.
- The cockpit is constructed in solid Mahogany on a marine ply substructure with teak inlaid seating. It is self-draining and there are smaller drains at the most outboard parts of the cockpit for effective heeled draining.
- The coachroof is constructed of bright finished Mahogany over a laminar substructure. There are opening skylights on the centerline.
- Deck is laid in teak throughout.
Keel & Rudder:
- Flattened bulb type keel for maximum righting moment and with optimum high/low pressure separation across the keel and with a vortex tip for minimal drag. The keel blade is optimised for performance and built to NACA section design, and constructed in high strength SG steel. The ballast bulb is cast in lead with approximately 4.5% antimony with an integrally cast matrix joining bulb and blade. The keel weighs approximately 3800 kg and is through bolted to the hull with 5 x 36mm keel bolts through the centreline and 10 x 24mm bolts around the outside of the keel plate matrix. The keel has been faired and coated with an epoxy barrier before painting.
- The rudder blade is built as a multi-laminate timber blade which is epoxy E-glass sheathed and fitted to a 75mm machined stainless steel stock. The rudder stock rotates in self-aligning bearings top and bottom fitted with o rings. The rudder quadrant is fitted to the stock with a drilled and machined clamp. The top of the rudder stock is machined to take the emergency tiller which is stowed under the portside lazarette hatch along with a spare folding stainless steel helm wheel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x 4-cylinder Yanmar 4JH4E diesel 54hp.
- New gearbox all aligned with engine and p-bracket.
- Wet exhaust with water sump and swan neck to outlet under the counter.
- Engine control panel in cockpit with full instrumentation and audible alarms. Single level side-mounted throttle/shift control at cockpit side.
- Engine raw water intake in fitted with heavy duty course filter.
Maintenance & Performance:
- The main engine and systems have been professionally maintained in accordance with the Manufacturer’s recommendations.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Edson steering by direct chain and 8mm 7 x 19 wire drive. The wheel is mounted to the shaft on double bearings in binnacle.
- The wheel is custom built with a laminated mahogany rim with solid mahogany spokes fitted to a polished stainless steel hub.
- Stainless steel prop shaft through a bronze bearing to drive a 2 blade feathering race prop.
- Stern gland access hatch installed.
- Emergency tiller.
- 12v DC wiring with Mastervolt panel.
- 3 x 12v 105AH Trojan 27 TMX batteries.
- 1 x 12v engine start battery.
- Mastervolt battery monitor BTM/I.
- 12v Mastervolt battery charger.
- 230v shore supply with a socket and 16 amp plug in the cockpit.
- Jabsco water pump.
- Water filters added in heads and galley.
- Salt water manual tap in galley – switched from heads.
- Fresh water manual tap in heads – switched from galley.
- 50litre (11 gallons) Calorifier which is mounted in the engine space and has a 750w 240v AC heater element.
- 3 x Rule 1100 GPH bilge pumps.
- Electric automated bilge pumps added.
- There are back up manual pumps and a moveable emergency pump.
- All tanks are fabricated from polyethylene. All tanks are fitted with the necessary connections to allow filling, emptying, draining and venting. They also have cleaning hatches.
- Water tank and diesel tank breather hoses at high central locations.
- Fuel 100L (22 gallons) - TekTank HDPE 10mm.
- Water 88L (19 gallons) - Vetus tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tank:
- Black tank 42L (9 gallons) - Vetus tank.
- Raymarine 240E VHF hand set with speakers fitted in cockpit and nav station.
- Raymarine E80 plotter.
- Raymarine ST70 multifunction sailing instrumentation.
- Garmin 152 GPS.
- Raymarine E80 plotter.
- Raymarine ST60 wind.
- Raymarine ST60 tri data.
- Raymarine ST6002 smart/pilot autopilot.
- Ritchie binnacle steering compass.
- Dual depth and speed logs have been added equidistant from the centerline on a mercury switch.
- Raymarine ST60 tridata.
- Ritchie inclinometer.
- Isotherm refrigerator
- Force 10 gas cooker with a 2-burner oven and grill.
- 2 x Stainless steel sinks.
- Plate rack and storage cupboards.
- Lavac manual WC in the forward heads compartment
- 2 x Deck head lights.
- 5 x Reading lights.
- 5 x Cabin lights.
- LED navigation lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
Forward there is a double berth offset to port, with a sofa to starboard, and a dressing table. Aft of this to port is a heads compartment with WC, basin and shower with teak flooring and drain away with sump pump. There is a door leading to the main saloon.
The main saloon is atmospheric with a table and seating to port and a sofa to starboard with storage to port and starboard and plenty of ventilation via a large deck hatch and opening portholes. The seating to port and starboard make excellent sea berths. There is storage behind and beneath the seating in the main saloon and the saloon upholstery was replaced in 2014.
The galley is to port in a U shape with scrubbed teak surfaces, a fridge, 2 sinks, cooker and ample storage for pans and an overhead hatch for ventilation. The nav. station is to starboard. The companionway steps are aft of the galley.
Walking aft there is a useful area for oilskin storage which can easily be converted back into an en-suite heads for the owners’ cabin which is aft of this. The owners’ cabin has a good double berth to port. There is a single berth to starboard, and storage under both berths. There are memory foam mattresses fitted to the forward and aft cabin berths. All the berths have lee cloths.
- Sail Area: mainsail (687sq.ft.); genoa (625sq.ft.); blade jib (491sq.ft.).
- Mast in moulded carbon by Nordic tapered above the hounds. All standing rigging is discontinuous rod. Twin spreader rig with cap shrouds, intermediates and lowers. Mast painted in white Awlgrip.
- Built into the mast is a Code-0 Facnor mast lock halyard system.
- Boom fabricated from a carbon fibre tube tapered at both ends and sprayed to match the mast. Reefing lines lead through the boom to the gooseneck then to deck turning blocks. Gas-strut boom vang is controlled from a deckhouse roof mounted winch. Barber haulers are also controlled from the deckhouse winches.
- Mast collar with flange through bolted to the deck with backing plate and including turning block mounts.
- All halyards run internally exiting above the deck and leading to turning blocks around the mast collar.
- All shrouds are fitted with stainless steel rigging screws.
- Harken battcar track system for fully battened cruising mainsail.
- Deck flood lights to lower spreaders, steaming light fitted at masthead.
- Combined LED deck and steaming light fitted to forward side of mast with lower spreader double deck lights and combined LED masthead tricolour and anchor light.
- Signal halyards on bottom spreaders.
- Radar reflector.
- Enerpac Jacked rig with various shims for easy adjustment of shroud tension.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Carbon jockey pole.
- Genoa track.
- Laminated oak core mahogany finished Ronstan custom built mainsheet traveller system fitted with through bolted stainless steel ring frames mounted on new epoxy laminated hull ribs.
- Other deck hardware by Ronstan, Harken, Spinlock and Antal.
- Fractional spinnaker halyard (white).
- 2 x Spinnaker sheets (white).
- Pole up haul.
- Pole down haul.
- Mast partners polished stainless steel backing plate through bolted with polished sleeve nuts.
- Bartels jib furler with electric furling system beneath the deck, replaced end of season 2015.
- Winches by Andersen.
- 2 x Andersen 58ST electric primary genoa winches, with new above deck motors fitted (2014) with black Derlin machined bevelled deck pads and polished stainless steel backing rings through bolted with polished sleeve nuts.
- 2 x Andersen 46ST electric mainsheet winches.
- 2 x Andersen 58ST spinnaker sheet winches aft
- 1 x Andersen 46ST electric halyard winch on deckhouse port of companionway
- 1 x Andersen 46ST halyard winch at mast.
- 2 x Andersen 28ST handling winches on deckhouse.
- All winches with alignment pads and stainless steel backing plates.
- Mainsail - Quantum full battened, 3 reefs.
- Genoa - Quantum furling.
- High - clew jib Quantum furling.
- Jib 2 - Quantum blade furling vertical battens.
- Jib 4 - Quantum blade furling vertical battens.
- A4 - Quantum asymmetric spinnaker with dousing sock.
- Pushpit with integral seats and pulpit.
- Clutch stainless steel backing plates.
- Cockpit lockers with washboards to allow access without risk of water ingress.
- New Perspex hatches installed throughout in 2015.
- Fuel and water fillers on deck
- Ensign staff socket recessed flush into aft deck and solid mahogany ensign staff.
- Starboard hatch lazarette.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Double roller balanced bow anchor chute built into the stemhead.
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass with warping/chain gypsy and brake which is operated by handheld control.
- 20kg Delta anchor.
- 40m x 8mm calibrated chain.
- Chain will self-stow in chain locker.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Frame and cover for winter protection.
- Sprayhood cover added for delivery and cruising.
- Cockpit cushions (2015).
- Sail cover.
- Varnish sun covers.
- 2 x Lifeline hard points at helm and companionway.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.