Seaward 35: Hull No. 35-007
LOA: 11.34 metres inc. Bathing Platform, 10.56 metres without Bathing Platform
Hull Material: GRP with oak joinery
Engines: 2 x 315 hp Yanmar 6LP diesel
Designer: Arthur Mursell, TT Boat Designs
Builder: Seaward Marine Ltd, Cowes, IOW
Location: On her way to MS&P Hamble Point Marina, Southampton,expected 23rd August 2017
Price: £189,990 (VAT paid)
Seaward 35 for sale.
Seaward 35 ‘Tipanie’ is presented in excellent condition and looks stunning with cream leather KAB suspension helm seats, full ivory Alcantara side and headlinings, contemporary upholstery, Avonite galley worktops and a combination of contemporary wheelhouse carpet and teak and holly flooring to compliment the oak veneers.
‘Tipanie’ is an aft deck version of the Seaward 35 fitted with the dual electronic control helm option. She has a deep lazarette/ deep stern locker, accessed from the aft deck, equipped with access ladder and fitted with two shelves above the water tanks for tool boxes, spares, folding bicycles or dinghy. Custom stowage cradles hold the ‘Yacht Leg Company’ telescopic grounding legs and there is internal outboard stowage mount.
This Seaward 35 is as easy to control in confined harbour waters as she is at sea, having trim tabs and both a bow and stern thruster. She has a Oxford Blue GRP hull with white superstructure. The under-water hull was professionally coated in Coppercoat™ anti-foul in 2013. Pilot-type rubber fendering and spray rails to hull.
Diamond grey treadmaster decks throughout with traditional teak to aft deck area and top of aft deck seat lockers.
Complete with yacht grounding legs, generator and air-conditioning; this is a seriously well-equipped craft for cross Channel cruising in comfort. Renowned for its sea-keeping, this Seaward 35 has Raymarine navigation aids, inside and out, at both helm positions. Custom folding gantry mast to accommodate any of the French canals through to the Mediterranean (2.85m air-draft with the mast down) and berths for up to five adults.
The Seaward 35 is a design based on the well-proven Nelson 35 pilot boat hull. With the revised superstructure layout it is well suited to the cruising yachtsman. Although capable of 25 knots with twin 315hp engines the enormous amount of reserve power ensures ultra-smooth running and very low noise levels when cruising at 15 – 20 knots.
After testing the Seaward 35 in overfalls off Guernsey, the Motor Boats Monthly boat test confirmed the sea-keeping qualities when they wrote: ‘The sea conditions through which we pushed the Seaward 35 would have forced most other boats of a similar size, and indeed many larger craft, down to a crawl. Worse, their occupants would have been turning green with seasickness or white with fright. For us these are perfect test conditions. Perfect that is if you are in a boat built for the job’.
Tipanie is fully serviced, in commission and ready to go on her next adventures.
- Cream leather KAB suspension helm seats
- Full ivory Alcantara side and headlinings
- Contemporary upholstery
- Avonite galley worktops
- Combination ofcontemporary wheelhouse carpet and teak and holly flooring to compliment the oak veneer
- ‘Tipanie’ is an aft deck version of the Seaward 35 fitted with the dual electronic
control helm option
- Oxford Blue GRP hull with white superstructure
- The underwater hull has recently been professionally coated in Coppercoat
- Teak trim
- Pilot type rubber fendering and spray rails to hull.
- Diamond grey treadmaster decks throughout
- Traditional teak to aft deck area and top of aft deck seat lockers
- Complete with yacht grounding legs,
- Air conditioning
- 2 x 315 hp Yanmar 6LP 6 cylinder diesel engines
- Fitted with Twin Disc IRM 63A rotating propellers
- 1 ¾” diameter stainless steel shafts giving a maximum speed of 25 knots (approx. 43 km/hr).
- Engine hours are approximately 760
- Twin cast bronze airfoil rudders
- Bennett trim tabs
- Mather Cruise Command electronic controls, dual station
- Stripper type rope cutters and longer shafts
- Trim tabs with digital and LED indicators
- Fischer Panda 3.8kw generator
- Vetus 55kg bow thruster with rocker switch at each helm station
- Vetus 55kg stern thruster with rocker switch at each helm station
- Exhaust cooling water alarm system
- Firepro automatic extinguishing system to engine room.
The Seaward Nelson 35 has a proper engine room that is self contained below the wheelhouse floor.Easy access for routine checks and service is through a hinged hatch in the floor.The whole of the compartment is well insulated including under the engines. This compartment also contains the vessel’s batteries,seawater filters and the generator.Ventilation is by a series of large GRP shell type vents fitted to the sides of the superstructure. Three engine room lights are provided; these are switched on/off from the helm switch
- ‘Tipanie’ has a total diesel fuel capacity of 319 gallons (1450 litres) in three fuel tanks which are integrally moulded into the keel section of the hull.
- The forward (reserve) tank, No.1, holding 55 gallons (250litres) can be pumped into either ofthe other two tanks.
- Tank No.2 holds 143 gallons (650 litres).
- Tank No.3 holds 121 gallons (550 litres).
- Each engine has its own primary and secondary fuel filter.
- The fuel supply lines are fitted with an emergency cross connection valve. This valve is for use in the unlikely event one of the engines should break down and thus enable all the fuel on board to be available to the remaining engine.
- There are inspection lids for tank cleaning.
- Approximately 440 Amp hours battery capacity in two battery banks .12v AGM batteries.
- Two Victron multi-function battery monitors, one for each bank.
- AGM generator starter battery with individual Victron charger.
- 240V Shore power with voltmeter, power supply to 240v ring main and hot water immersion heater.6 sockets in all throughout.
- Fischer Panda 3.8kW generator.
- Remote generator control panel in saloon.
- Victron 12/2500W/120A inverter / charger supplying mains 240v voltage when
shore power is not available.
- Battery charger.
- Remote Victron control panel in saloon.
- Voltage sensitive relay for split charging.
- Two 12v power sockets.
- Navy canvas outside front screen cover.
- Navy canvas spray dodgers.
- Navy canvas cover to aft deck helm electronics and controls.
- Navy canvas cover to outside helm station and aft doors.
- Deep lazarette, accessed from aft deck, equipped with access ladder and fitted with two shelves above the water tanks for tool boxes, spares, folding bicycles or dinghy.
- Custom stowage cradles hold the ‘Yacht Leg Company’ telescopic grounding legs.
- Outboard stowage mount inside the lazarette.
- Large side-access life-raft locker at the aft deck helm station.
- Plastimo liferaft in valise (serviced 2016).
- Aft deck teak seating arrangement with navy cockpit vinyl seat cushions.
- All round stainless safety rails with access gates on both port and starboard
- Pilot boat-style rubber spray rails,
- A pair of D Fender upright fenders to aft quarters.
- Teak and stainless steel boarding platform with in-built boarding ladder and
fold-down swim ladder.
- Weaver snap davits are fitted to the boarding platform to allow secure carriage
of a dinghy.
- Outboard bracket fitted on the transom.
- Wynn pantograph wipers and fresh water screen wash
- Electric windlass with controls at the foredeck and at the aft deck helm station.
60m of chain and a Bruce-style anchor.
- Cruisair Zephyr 1 1200btu air conditioning (cool unit only).
- Stereo CD/radio with four speakers and antenna.
- Built-in 15” flat screen LCD TV and DVD player.
- High gain multi-directional TV antenna.
- Pair of additional skylight hatches above the helm and navigator’s seats with
built-in sun screens.
- KAB suspension seats and headrests in cream leather.
- 12v Dri-plug is fitted beside the aft deck wheel.
- A Tank Tender gauge system is fitted to indicate the levels in all three fuel
tanks, the two fresh water tanks and the black water tanks.
- The calibration reference graphs will be supplied with the boat.
- A full set of reference manuals for the boat and its equipment will be sold with the boat.
- Raymarine E120 networked navigation display (inside helm).
- Raymarine E80 navigation display (outside helm).
- Raymarine 2kWradome scanner.
- Full size ST60 Speed, Depth and Graphic displays at inside helm
- ST60 Tridata combi unit at the outside helm.
- Raymarine hydraulic drive autopilot system (Rate Gyro/ AST/3SG high
performance core pack ) with displays at both inside and outside helm stations.
- Raymarine 240E VHF/DSC (ATIS enabled) with handsets at both inside and
outside helm station (removable).
- 5 berths with fully sprung mattresses to ‘V’ berth in owners cabin.
- Double berth conversion in dinette area.
- Additional single berth in wheelhouse area.The Navigators seat folds forward to extend the length of the berth, additional cushion supplied.
- Ivory Alcantara head linings and side linings throughout.
- Eberspacher Hydronic 5 hot water and central heating system with three outlets; all individually controlled.
- Cruisair Zephyr 1 1200btu air conditioning (cool unit only).
- Built-in mini dehumidifier.
- Electric flush toilet with control panel and black water tank indicator light.
- Black water holding tank system with electric pump out.
- The black water tank holds 19 gallons (87 litres)
- Heads compartment with separate shower compartment which can be used individually or can be combined into a larger bathroom using the interconnecting doors.
- Dinette table and seating opposite galley.
- There is a chart drawer under the dinette table. This will hold a considerable number of Admiralty charts, with one side folded down, and chart folio sets.
- Hanging lockers.
- Vanity table and mirror.
- Ceramic hob 2 burner diesel cooker
- Built-in Panasonic combi microwave/grill/convection oven.
- Galley fridge.
- A separate Isotherm fridge unit could be installed in the slide out drawer unit under the helmsman’s seat in the wheelhouse.
- Isotherm hot water heater via either engine heat exchange or 240v immersion heater.
- The two fresh water tanks in the lazarette hold 70 gallons (318 litres).
- A cartridge water filter system is installed.