The Marten 49 is a perfect example of a modern cruiser racer. It was conceived for the owner who wishes to combine the excitement of a performance racing yacht with the ability to make fast comfortable passages whilst cruising. It is differentiated from other yachts in its class by its detailed design, state of the art construction methods and lightweight materials that provide superb performance. This Marten 49 includes the standard lifting keel for maximum windward performance when racing and reduced draft for accessibility to harbours and anchorages when cruising.
- All interior joinery is constructed from lightweight materials carefully selected to meet the highest international standards, creating a luxurious and practical interior of outstanding quality.
- Machinery and systems are selected for their purpose whilst being sensitive to the handling and performance qualities of the yacht.
- The construction utilises the most advanced concepts of pre preg carbon fibre materials, producing a robust, yet ultra-light hull, deck and structure, the equivalent of round the world racing yachts that Marten Yachts are renowned for.
- The carbon fibre rig and in-boom furling system results in an easy to handle sail plan designed to keep the yacht sailing at optimum speeds with ease.
- Speedy carbonium antifouling
Keel bearings preventive replacement
Bow thruster placed, Maxpower
Lopo navigation lights
Inside all lighting changed to LED
Both diesel heaters preventive overhauled
Full underwater hull and keel done
Put in epoxy
New battery bank
Membrane watermaker replaced
Indoor spot repairs
1 of 5 B & G meters on the mast revised
Navigation adjustments: AIS, WIFI NMEA, Raymarine plotter, Extra B & G display inside
Technically very good
Relatively not much sailed
Many spare parts and provisions for off shore races
2x footrest in cockpit
4 x popup mooring cleats
2x aft pushpits integrating flag holder and stern nav. light and single
bow pulpit with integrating navigation lights
Forestay chain-plate with attachment for headsails.
2 x Lewmar Atlantic port lights in cockpit
Marten flush hatches on cabin top (1 x 54, 2 x 30, 3 x 20)
Marten flush hatches in the teak decking for master cabin and ensuite,forepeak and aft lazerette.
1 x large plexiglass sliding companionway hatch with plexiglass washboards.
2 x hinged aft lazerette flush hatches
2 x plexiglass salon windows set flush into the hull topsides
A great example of the timeless Marten 49 design and build. "Taonga" has recently become available and is the most competitively priced M49 on the market today. Whether its Blue-water cruising or performance handicap IRC/ORC racing you seek, there are few alternative better than the Marten 49.
If you would be interested in this yacht, please contact For Sail Yachtbrokers !
On request we can sent you the very detailed and complete specification list of this yacht.
You will also receive a link to all available (large) pictures of this yacht.
Looking forward to your request and also to welcome you aboard of this yacht !
Kabbelaarsbank Steiger K1
Located in Marina Port Zelande