NEW INSTRUCTION ~ AUTUMN 2016
Lupa of London is a remarkable Reichel Pugh designed Carbon composite cruiser racer with an outstanding Baltic Yacht build pedigree and enviable trophy cupboard. Baltic yacht Lupa is for sale and ready for her next challenge.
Built to combine the ultimate in luxury and performance, Lupa of London offers all of the comforts for cruising in a high tech package, She is built for speed and provides a highly rewarding sail.
Built using advanced carbon composite materials in order to reduce weight and enhance performance, Lupa of London boats a canting keel to improve sailing stability. Her flush deck and sleek lines will excite the most moderate of sailor, yet performance will excite the most qualified.
She is the ideal boat to combine enjoyable cruising with exciting racing events - Lupa remains a fast and winning yacht on the regatta circuit. Notable results include:
- 1st Overall Class Maxi 2 Voiles des St. Barth
- Line honours & 1st in IRC Overall in the RORC Transat Race 2014. (After 3,037nm)
- 1st in class Racer/Cruiser at Rolex Maxi World Sardinia 2014
- 1st in combined Class IRC 0 at Giraglia Rolex Cup 2014
- 1st in class Racer/Cruiser at Rolex Maxi World Sardinia 2013
- 2nd in class IRC Canting Keel at Rolex Fastnet Race 2013
- 1st in class IRC 1 at Rolex St. Thomas Regatta 2013
- 1st in class CSA 1 at 33rd Heineken Cup Regatta 2013
- 3rd in class IRC 1 at Rolex Middle Sea Race 2012
- 2nd in class IRC 0 inshore racing at Giraglia Rolex Cup 2012
NAME: LUPA OF LONDON (ex RUSALKA)
BUILDER: BALTIC YACHTS
FLAG: BRITISH REGISTERED
Designed by Reichel/Pugh Yacht Design
LOA: 86.54 / 26.38 m
LOD: 78.57’ / 23.95 m
LWL: 70.87' / 21.60 m
BEAM: 17.98' / 5.48 m
DRAFT: 12.47' / 3.80 m
DISPL: 59,744 lb / 27,100 kg
BALLAST: 28,219 lb / 12,800 kg
Lupa of London is almost unique - a dual purpose yacht which continues to win year on year. A cruiser racer with outstanding pedigree, but also providing a luxury interior. She sleeps 6-8 guests and 3 x crew
On the race course she remains very competitive - her results speak for themselves (see bottom) and of course Lupa's Reichel Pugh lines are stunning & timeless.
With the modifications to the mast, canard and rudder she will remain a competitive vessel for years to come.
Once the racing is done, she is a joy to cruise. Cutting through the water at speed whilst taking lunch in the cockpit without even heeling over. All capable due to the canting keel Lupa boasts. She is a one of a kind vessel and an example of Baltics Yachts excellence and renowned reputation for building strong lightweight Carbon composite hulls.
Engine: YANMAR 4LH-DTE, 170 hp
FUEL: 1,000 liters 264 gallons in stainless steel tanks
WATER: 1,000 liters 264 gallons in stainless steel tanks
Pre-preg Carbon fibre with Nomex Honeycomb and Core Cell foam
Bulkheads and interior panels made out of Pre-Preg Carbon laminates on Nomex honeycomb, visible surfaces covered with thin Teak veneer.
DECK AND HULL:
New 2016 - White Awlgrip paint job to hull and all deck surfaces.
Hull built in Pre-preg Epoxy Carbon laminates cured under vacuum at 85˚C temperature.
Nomex Honeycomb and Core Cell foam sandwich.
Transom with opening hatch for dinghy storage
Propeller window in hull
Deck built in Pre-preg Epoxy Carbon laminates cured under vacuum at 85 C temperature.
Nomex Honeycomb sandwich no screws and plugs except for centerpieces and outboard parts.
Sliding washboards at companionways
Recessed storage for liferaft in cockpit sole above engine room
Recessed anchor locker with LEWMAR 3,500 watt windlass and enough storage for gangway as well
Special carbon pivoting anchor roller arm
Control lines from mast to cockpit recessed under deck
Forward and after spray-hoods are recessed in deck
Carbon fiber cockpit table with titanium legs
Two carbon custom made wheels
Stanchions, handrail of main companionway and roller fair-leads are all in Titanium
SANGUINETTI capstan (recessed) for mooring lines installed aft of anchor locker bulkhead
Canting keel - maximum canting angle 35-degree
Keel fin from high strength computer milled corrosion resistant steel.
Canting system with twin hydraulic cylinders. Mannesmann / Rexroth hydraulic system with switches for "port/center/starboard" and indicators on each steering pedestal
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT AND ENGINE DETAILS:
GORI, 3-blade folding propeller and 4 blading prop for racing
Sea recovery water maker (120l/hr)
CONDARIA air conditioning/heating from 220V/AC shore connection and diesel generator
Twin steering pedestals with Carbon wheels
Switch in cockpit for anchor windlass
Techma carbon toilets
Gianneschi Ramaciotti & Gulper 220 pumps
Deck wash in anchor locker
Lupa of London has an extensive sail inventory (upwind & various A sails, Code O's etc - some 20 sails in total) - all of which were made by North Sails New Zealand. Headsails & Mainsails are Norths 3Di 780.
All are regularly serviced and are in good condition. A full sail inventory is available by request.
WINCHES AND DECK HARDWARE:
Primarys - LEWMAR 111 4-speed hydraulic
Main sheet - LEWMAR 3-speed electric
Halyards - LEWMAR 66 AST 3-speed electric
Reef and control lines - LEWMAR 55 AST electric
Running backstays - LEWMAR 88 AST
1 x Anchor CQR 55dg with high resistance 100m chain 12mm
1x Anchor Bruce 30kg with 15m chain plus 50 rope
DELTA 30kg anchor with chain and rode
Carbon fibre radar mast with boltrope groove in back for flag (no flag pole)
Carbon fibre gangway (Passarelle)
Side mounted swim ladder
Black canvas covers for steering pedestals
Cockpit cushions for centre cockpit
2 x AUTOFLUG Teal SR 8pers Life rafts
Mcmurdo EPIRB with GPS
Yacht is coded to MCA CAT 2
Main traveller hydraulically operated off power pack
FREDRIKSEN roller bearing deck hardware
Lightweight Titanium Pulpit, Pushpit, Stanchions and various fittings.
SPINLOCK rope clutches
Lifeline gates on both sides
Stainless steel rod instead of wire for lifelines
Dodgers for both companionways
Starting batteries - 2 x 180AH 12 V/DC - charged by 80A 12V alternator
Service batteries - Mastervolt Deep Cycle 24V 2000AH - charged by 250A 24V alternator
1800PM Ficher Panda Generator with PTO
2 x 25 Amp/220 Volt shore power connections
DC/AC Mastervolt inverter
Battery charger - Mastervolt 100ah
Alternator 2 x 75ah
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT:
Raymarine Autohelm pilot ST7000 plus
Hydraulic linear drive M 81203
Hydraulic reversing pump
Course computer 300 24V
Rudder feedback unit
Plotter Autohelm Rc630
B&G Hydra 3000 (repeater-depth-wind 40/40 displays)
Compass KVH Gyro Track
Epirb ACR 406 MHz
DGPS Furuno GP37
GARMIN GPS / Chartplotter
VASARI computer and screen 17” display
Simrad chart plotter/ radar (on deck screen)
Network Linkseys NGB router
Fax 30 Faxcill/Navtex
DSC simrad RD68
Hi-Fi/CD Stereo in each cabin
GSM Eriksson G36
Television Panasonic Plasma 55inch
Surround Sound Denon and Alpine Stereo Ipod compatible
Docking Station for Ipod in TV
Nobletech Charting software
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
Lupa of London sleeps 8 Guests in 4 cabins. Comprising of:
Master cabin midships with king size walk around double berth, vanity table and storage aplenty. Owners bathroom ensuite.
Port side Double cabin & Starboard side double cabin (forward of the saloon and symmetrical cabins) - both with ensuite bathrooms.
Large Saloon with U-shaped sofa and dining area (carbon dining table finished in wood veneer) to port is a large sofa starboard side.
Separate Galley located starboard side and aft of the saloon.
Twin Bunk guest cabin aft (to port) and accessible from the aft companionway which is in the cockpit adjacent to the helm. This cabin makes for an ideal guest cabin but also provides ideal sea berths whilst offshore/racing. Includes ensuite Bathroom and shower.
Captains cabin & bathroom - starboard side aft
Twin berth Crew Cabin - forward V berth cabin with dedicated bathroom & large hatch above.
All cabins (inc Crew) have Air conditioning fitted.
Deep double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
Corian work tops with deep fiddles
Drying locker for dishes above, large garbage container under
3 x Burner GN Espace Hob
Alpes Inox galley fan above stove
Microwave oven, Philips Whirlpool
Custom made stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartments with Frigomar 24v compressor
Foot operated sea-water and fresh water pump (emergency)
3 litre Quokker boiling water supply
REFIT & UPGRADE SUMMARY:
• Full engine service by Orams Marine services
• Full generator service by Orams Marine services
• Full water maker service by Orams Marine Services
• Full air-conditioning service by Orams Marine services
• Replacement of Hydraulic block
• Re-spray of boom and vang
• Re-spray of entire Hull and deck areas
• New bow sprit fitted
• NDT and visual inspection of mast and rigging.
• Full service of reckman custom forestay furler
• Replace/upgrade 5 x Spinlock jammers for reefing & tackline
• Update of networking capabilities & communication
• Replace boom awning
• Navtec PBO forestay with Hall Jib Auto Lock/Cunningham ram (please ask for details)
• 2 x custom Schaffer tuff luff Black (please ask for details)
• 1 x full compliment racing running rigging (Rig pro)
• R/P design, Hall engineered Bow Sprit (please ask for details)
• Hall engineered pin to pin Bob Stay
• 1 x Hydraulic power unit for primary winches (please ask for details)
• Ficher Panda PMS 18 with Hydraulic clutch/ PTO (please ask for details)
• 2 x JP3 steering head sprocket with chain (please ask for details)
• 2 x new pedestal push button hydraulic displays
• 1 x Ronstan custom mainsheet car fitted
• EV400 Raymarine pilot
• 1 x DA 1264 4G antenna/ MAX-BR1-LTE-A-T 4G router
• 1 x GN Espace 3 burner cooker (please ask for details)
• 1 x full compliment cruising running rigging (Rig Pro)
• 4 x H3000 20/20HV DISPLAYS
• 1 x Motion Level system
• 1 x B&G Clinometer
• 1 x FB150 Sat Phone
• 1 x R/P design NEB build canard (please ask for details)
• 1 x R/P design NEB build rudder (please ask for details)
• 4 x New Mattresses in crew areas
• Engine stripped & serviced NEB (please ask for details)
• New Panasonic 55” TV with Harmon Kardon surround sound
• Conversion of manual to electric Navtec panel
• Custom titanium sailing bimini
• New charter covers for interior seats
• Exterior music speakers replaced with new Fusion speakers
• 1 x H3000 Hercules performance B&G
• 4 x ‘X’ Light Tecma toilets with electric flush (please ask for details)
• 2 x Electric toilets crew (please ask for details)
• New floorboards for cruising
• New faucets bathroom
• New teak deck (please ask for details)
• Hall carbon spar and SCR aerofoil rigging (please ask for specs)
• Navtec / solution twin carbon foil (please ask for details)
• 2 x Lewmar Hydraulic primary winches
• Custom carbon freezer / new carbon galley surface
• AIS transceiver / transponder
• New deck cushions / covers
• Large sun-lounger & cover made for foredeck for cruising
• Saloon lights all changed to LED’s
• New dodger covers made for forward & aft dodgers
• Hull/Superstructure re-spray Awl Grip Snow White
• Saloon table modification onto hydraulic stem to create large couch/TV viewing area for cruising
• Drop down TV for master cabin installed
1 x 40ft container storing extensive spare parts, racing equipment, tools etc (complete inventory available by request)
1 x 20ft container (complete inventory available by request)
EXCLUSIONS: All linen is excluded from the sale
Baltic 78 Lupa is for sale and ready for her next challenge.
36 Barton Drive