This great cruising and livaboard sailing yacht manufactured by "John Robinson" is located in Langkawi, Malaysia.
**Recent Price Reduction**
Named "Crusoe" she is a special yacht who is bound to serve her new owners well. She is the bench mark for a state-of-the-art live aboard yacht built to serve a couple who are both adventurous and want the comfort and safety that is possible in a strong modern sailing yacht. Easily sailed by a couple, electric hydraulic winches, Leisure Furl in boom main and mizzen, and both head-sails are Kiwi Reef Rite furlers. Brent and Raewyn easily sailed Crusoe from NZ to Malaysia effortlessly.
Docking is easy with a powerful bow thruster, and duel helm stations. Crusoe's hydraulic lifting keel and rudder allow you to anchor next to multihulls in shallow water anchorages. At sea the 4.5 ton keel offers great stability at 3m in depth while at anchor the keel swings to 1m draft. Crusoe was built to New Zealand highest marine specifications for offshore charter, and designed for the ice. Crusoe has one inch steel plating bottom and with the keel and rudder up she will sit on her own bottom. This is especially important if a grounding occurs as all you do is lift the keel, back off and you're on your way again.
Commentary: “This yacht could not be built today for less than 3 Million”, this quote from the builder and previous owner of 9 years. Crusoe is over engineered and kept in pristine condition, many upgrades in 2012. Crusoe can leave her slip in KK Malaysia and set sail for anywhere on the planet. With water maker, no need to stop for water, you can motor nonstop for a week before you need to start looking for a gas (diesel) station!
Crusoe had a survey done within the last 3 years by the most highly recommended surveyor in New Zealand (Gerry Lindberg - Argos Marine surveyors) and in his report he states: "For the record and for your reassurance, this is one of, if not the best vessel I have surveyed from several hundred, in terms of build quality and conscientious maintenance. It may be the best, it is difficult to remember, but in any event she is leagues ahead of the general average and a great credit to her builder".
From the Seller: Base yourself out of Kota Kinabalu on Borneo Island in Malaysia at the 5 star resort Sutera Harbor Marina and Resort and live for 50% off the already inexpensive prices as a life member. We have purchased a life membership and will consider transferring it to the new buyers of Crusoe if sold for full asking price.
If you are in the market for a world class sailing yacht to fill your dreams of long voyage sailing or living on board; you should seriously consider this yacht. She is shown by appointment only and her owner is a serious seller. Contact the listing broker today.
*She can be seen by appoint by contacting the listing broker today. Her owner is motivated and will consider all reasonable offers. You may also make an Internet offer contingent to your personal inspection and contingencies. Call or email today to arrange for a viewing or to submit an offer. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for visiting our listing.
To Our Boating Friends,
*Thank You for stopping by and visiting with RCYS. We appreciate every persons visit over the last 40 years and enjoy making new boating friends each year. We are open and available seven days a week. Showings by appointment. Financing available to qualified buyers. Other services include survey, insurance, documentation, closings and service. Or if you just want to talk boating feel free to call. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter and Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin . Call 203-542 0827 or email Info@RCYachtSales.com.
* RCYS is a Veterans owned and operated organization.
* Contact RCYS about a career in yacht sales.
* Florida State Licensed
* Established 1975
**CONTACT RCYS TODAY ABOUT A CAREER IN YACHT SALES**
* Construction: Steel: The hull is constructed of mild steel plate; 25mm flat bottom; 6mm to the first chine and 5mm to the sheer including centre board case.
* Keel:_4.5 ton, Steel, hydraulic lifting keel
* Rudder: Hydraulic lifting skeg-hung rudder comprises a partially timber blade bolted into a steel box housing and glassed overall..
* Deck Construction. Steel_____ Design: Bruce Askew (NZ)
* Prop: Henley’s Ø22” x 16” pitch, 3-blade, RH, bronze, fixed
* Integral tanks:
* Type: Ketch/cutter rig Mast Mat: Aluminium
* Standing: SS wire 6mm, 8mm & 10mm____________________ Deck stepped Mast
* Backstay Adj.:_By turnbuckle______________________ Booms:_Both aluminium
* Furling: Liesure Furl in boom main and mizzen. Mandrels replaced 2011. Kiwi Reef Rite furling both headsails _______________________ Boom vang: Rigid aluminium, Main & Mizzen booms____________________
* Spreaders:_Mizzen x 1 set, Main x 2 sets
SAILS & RUNNING RIGGING
* Main: Fully battened in boom furling both main and mizzen main sail, new main 2011
* Jibs: Headsails x 2 furling, Genoa new in 2011.
* Spinnakers: Gennaker with sock, new 2012
* Other: Storm sail
ENGINES & MECHANICALS
* Type: Detroit Diesel 2 stroke 140hp, low hours Fuel: Diesel
* Model #:471 Year: Reconditioned 1999 Hours: 2107
* Cruising Speed: 6knts @2100 RPM
* Arcturus bow-thruster
* Transmission:Twin Disc MG508; S/No. 3B0188; reduction ratio 1.50:1:
* Fuel tanks: 2 x 500L SS diesel tanks__________ Hot water: Isotherm hot water heater, new 2011 240v, Hot water supplied to galley, 3 x bathroom showers and shower on stern swim step.
* Fresh water: 2 x 500L SS water tanks
* Alternator:_______________Generator: Northern Lights 6KVA * Watermaker: 2LPM Sea Recovery
* Shore Power: 240v to Master Volt Mass Combi Sinewave Inverter/charger, 3 stage fully automatic smart charger 12/2500-100
* Refrigeration: SS top opening freezer, side opening refrigerator both 240 v with thermostat when on shore power, temperature guage, runs off genset when at sea or anchor.
* HVAC: 240v
* Electric System:12v/240v with inverter. Shore power/generator
* Batt: 480 Amp hour house battery bank under pilot house floor. Starting batteries in engine room (able to be linked)
DECK & SAILING EQUIPMENT
* Layout: Aft stateroom with ensuite and engine room access. Mid ships stateroom with ensuite, starboard galley, saloon, forward cabin with bunk beds and ensuite. Collision bulkheads at engine room aft and at forward cabin. Cockpit: Center cockpit with fixed dodger and water catchment awning.
* Finish: White 2 part paint work, ceilings Fijian Kauri, soles finished with polyurethane with teak trim. Hatches: 9 hatches total, and 2 ports in aft cabin
* Winches: 4 Anderson hydraulic winches plus 3 Anderson manual winches – all self tailing.
* Storage: Ample storage in all cabins, under beds, in ensuite cupboards, galley cupboards, under saloon seating, and under pilot house seating. Also shallow dry bilges are available for storage.
* Steering: Hydraulic steering stations in pilot house and in center cockpit by hand or by *Raymarine autopilot ST6002 (new 2012).
* Railing: SS stanchions with SS wire Davits: Unique dinghy lifting system docks the 4.5m Lancer RIB dinghy onto back deck.
* Swim/boarding: Solid and wide SS boarding ladder onto swim platform with hot & cold shower outlet
* Life raft: 6 man Zodiac soft pack Tender: 4.5m Lancer RIB dinghy
* Tender engine: 15HP Yamaha
* Anchors: 88lb Delta, 55lb Delta + dinghy anchor Chain/rode: 150m x 10mm high tensile galvanized chain plus 100m rode. Plus multiple other warps.
* Windlass:Anchor Mate hydraulic anchor windlass
* Deck wash down: Fresh water from stern, salt water anchor wash down on foredeck *Deck shower: Hot & cold water on stern swim step
* Fenders: 4 large inflatable fenders plus 4 solid fenders
* Dock lines: Ample dock lines of suitable lengths and diameters.
* Awning: 1 small & 1 large white. Dodger: Yes
* Wind: Raymarine instrumentation - ST60+ series wind indicator, boat speed/log, depth gauge, remote read outs in cockpit as well as in pilot house.
* Engine: RPM counter, oil & fuel pressure, oil & engine temp
* Navigation: 2 x Furuno GPS with chart plotter on lap top with AIS receiver
* Computer: Lap top with C-Map charting & AIS receiver.
* Nav. Instruments: Raymarine instrumentation - ST60+ series wind indicator, boat speed/log, depth gauge, remote read outs in cockpit as well as in pilot house
INTERIOR & ACCOMODATIONS
* Layout: Aft cabin, mid cabin, forepeak cabin. Pilot house. Light & bright with plenty of hatches.
* Staterooms: Three with ensuites, linens included.
* Salon: Table extends to seat up to 12. Sofa port & starboard. Storage under seating. *Heads: Three Type:Vacuflush macerating. Flushed with fresh water.
* Galley: Entertainers galley, twin SS sinks, SS benches, fridge & freezer, microwave, *Force 10 stove with oven, grill & 4 burners. Cutlery, glassware, crockery and kitchen utensils for entertaining 8 persons with ease included.
* Chart table: In pilot house – great all round view.
* Shower: 3 x ensuite plus on swim platform on stern
* Holding tanks: Black water 100L, Grey water 100L
* Woodwork: Fijian Kauri
* Cabin sole: Polyurethane finished wood with non slip texture
* Liners: Closed cell foam for climate control
* Storage: Ample in all areas.
* Music/TV/DVD/Intercom: No intercom. CD/AM FM radio, HD TV with DVD Player. Currently with satellite TV dish.
425 Fairfield Ave.
Stamford, CT 06902