ADVENTURE is a true ocean going vessel originally built to spend long periods at sea away from any shore support and is a credit to her owner. Originally constructed as a Coastal/Baltic tug in 1990, she never saw use in this role. Purchased new, her visionary Owner embarked on a total conversion project with the renowned commercial shipyard CMN in Cherbourg (France) to the designs of Martin Francis and Jean-Pierre Paquet. After 2 careful years of study, hard work and attention to detail, she was launched as a yacht on 26th April 1999. She has maintained her commercial robustness in addition to the new “expedition yacht” look and comfort that she offers.
She has just been relaunched (April 2017) after a spell ashore for reclassification and upgrades so available for viewings now.
Características adicionales, equipo e información:
Nombre del barco
Spirit of Adventure
Eslora total: 110 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Manga: 27 Pies 7 Pulgadas
Calado máximo: 8 Pies 11 Pulgadas
Potencia Total: 950 HP
Marca del motor: SKL cylinder turbo
Año de construcción: 1999
Modelo del motor: 6VD-26/20AL2
Tipo de motor/combustible: Diesel
Potencia del motor: 950 HP
Velocidad de crucero: 10 Nudos
Velocidad máxima: 11 Nudos
Número de depósitos de agua dulce: (8000 Litros)
Número de depósitos de combustible: (22500 Litros)
Número de camarotes: 8
ADVENTURE was originally built as a Coastal/Baltic tug in 1990, although she never saw use in this role. Having purchased her new, Adventure's visionary owner embarked on a total conversion project with the renowned commercial CMN shipyard in Cherbourg (France) to the designs of Martin Francis and Jean-Pierre Paquet. After 2 years of careful study, hard work and attention to detail, she was launched as a yacht on 26th April 1999.
She has maintained much of her commercial robustness despite the Expedition Yacht look and comfort that she offers. Recently, in excess of $1.5m USD has been spent refurbishing her interior and on thorough engineering refits and upgrades. See below under "2017 COMPLETED WORKS" for a full breakdown.
There is accommodation for 12 guests overnight and plenty of exterior space and deck entertaining areas for up to 70 day passengers. Crew accommodation and the Laundry was completely refurbished in 2013/14 to the highest standard.
The full commercial galley is vast and able to cater for any size event
ADVENTURE is a true ocean going vessel that was originally built to spend extended periods at sea away from any shore support. She's now classified and registered as a foreign-going commercial passenger vessel, range unlimited.
She has literally just been relaunched (April 2017) after a period ashore for classification surveys and upgrades so she's available for viewings now. Contact us to make an appointment or with any questions.
- BUILDER : Veb J. Warnke, Germany Rebuilt at C.M.N., France
- YEAR :1990
- TYPE : Exploration vessel- Converted Baltic Tug
- REBUILT : Completely rebuilt in 1998-1999 and refurbished 2009-2014
- LOA : 33.53 m / 110 ft
- DRAFTS : 8.40 m/ 27.56 ft & 2.70 m/ 8.86 ft
- FLAG : Malaysia
- DISPLACEMENT : 330 tons
- DESIGNER : Martin Francis
- INTERIOR DESIGNER : Jean-Pierre Pauqet
- CONSTRUCTION : Welded steel hull and aluminium superstructure Iroko laid decks
- FUEL CAPACITY : 22,500 Litres (5,944 US gallons)
- WATER CAPACITY : 8,000 Litres(2,113 US gallons)
- WATERMAKER : 2 x Aqua Set type 201KS watermakers producing about 3,500 litres (925 US gallons) per day each (new 1999)
- LUB OIL : 1,000 litres (264 US gallons) in 2 tanks
- DIRTY LUB OIL : 1,000 litres (264 US gallons)
- GREY WATER : 2,600 litres (687 US gallons)
- BLACK WATER : 2,100 litres (555 US gallons)
- BALLAST : 4 tons (lead blocks)
SPEED & FUEL CONSUMPTION
- MAXIMUM SPEED : Maximum speed about 11.4 knots for a fuel consumption of about 125 litres (33 US gallons) per hour (including generator).
- CRUISING SPEED : Cruising speed about 10 knots (at 995 rpm) for a fuel consumption of about 100 litres (26 US gallons) per hour (including generator).
- MAIN ENGINE : 1 x 950hp (at 1,000 rpm) SKL 6 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine type 6VD-26/20 AL2 (air start)
- RANGE : 2,200 n.miles approx @ 10 knots
- GEAR BOX : Abus Getriebe gearbox type SS6K with 3.934:1 ratio
- SHAFTS & PROPELLERS : Single shaft with 4-bladed variable pitch propeller type NV49/4-A (60”/150cm diameter) (electrohydraulic with HY200 automatic control unit)
AUXILIARY MACHINERY & ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- GENERATORS : Northern Light 55 kw, new January 2010 & Baodouin 75 kw, rebuilt in 2009
- ELECTRICITY : 220v/380v AC, 50 Hz, 3-phase/single phase 24 v DC
- SHORE POWER : 380 v AC, 50 Hz, 3-phase (125 amps)
- BATTERIES : 2 x 24 v DC radio batteries 2 x 24 v DC crane batteries (2 batteries each) 2 x 24 v DC generator start batteries 6 x 24 v DC hotel/service batteries Total battery output 1,440 ah (all new 2013)
- STEERING SYSTEM : Kort nozzle hydraulic steering system and rudder
- BOW THRUSTER : Rexroth 125hp bowthruster coupled to main engine hydraulic pump
- STABILIZERS : 2 x Vosper Fins (18.8 sq.ft/1.75 sq.m) coupled to main engine hydraulic pump
- FUEL SEPARATOR : In-Line filtration system mounted on main AND FILTERS machinery (engine and generators)
- OIL/WATER SEPARATOR : VEB type 0.2 oil centrifuge (200 litres/53 US gallons per hour capacity) VEB type 0.2 fuel centrifuge (200 litres/53 US gallons per hour capacity)
- FIRE/BILGE PUMP : VEB electric fire pump type KRZ1HJ 50/19 VEB bilge pump type KMRB 100L with back-up electric motor type VEB VR2 Portable electric pump each pump capable of 80m3/21,134 US gph
- HOT WATER : 2x hot water boilers (2 x 200 litres/53 US gallons and 1 x 100 litres/26 US gallons plus 1x additional boiler for crew.
- WC’S : Evac fresh water system (new 1999)
- AIRCONDITIONING : Snori air chilled water system (new 1999) with 2 x Copeland air compressors: 4SAH-2000-AWM (new2010).Individual thermostatic controls. Overhauled 2013
SAFETY & SECURITY EQUIPMENT
- FETY : 2 x 20 man Bombard type AMM20 liferafts in glassfibre valises with Hammar hydrostatic releases 5 x immersion suits Lifejackets Liferings 1 x Kannad type 406 WH Sarsat Cospas 1 x Rescuer SART 9GHZ
- FIRE FIGHTING : Firemans Locker, 1 x VEB electric fire pump (80m3/21,134 US gallons per hour capacity) with VEB bilge pump back-up Fixed CO2 engine room firefighting installation 1 x portable electric fire pump 2 x firefighting suits with breathing apparatus (new 2013) CO2 extinguishers throughout
- ALARMS : Smoke detectors throughout General alarms and machinery alarms in wheelhouse (very comprehensive system)
- SATCOM : 2 x Furuno Inmarsat C mobile earth stations type Felcom-11 satellite communications systems
- SATCOM : 2 x Furuno IB 581 monitors and 2 x Furuno telex printers type PP-510 (GMDSS with 4 x Furuno type IC-300 Distress Alert Units) 1 x Nera Inmarsat mini-M satellite communication 1 x Fleet77, Thrane & Thrane (new 2009). Satellite communication system for voice and data. Wireless Broadband throughout living areas (within 3G/GSM/GPRS network)
- VHF : 2 x portable VHF radiotelephones (GMDSS) 2 x 25w Furuno type FM-8500 VHF/DCS radiotelephones (GMDSS)
- SSB RADIOTELEPHONES : 1 x Furuno MF/HF DSC type DSC-6A (GMDSS) 1 x 400w Furuno MF/HF SSB radiotelephone type FS-5000 (GMDSS)
- MAGNETIC COMPASS : Gehna type 11 32005 magnetic compass
- GYRO COMPASS : Tokimec type ES-140 gyro compass with 2 x repeaters type PB 21-1 on bridge wings
- AUTOMATIC PILOT : Tokimec type PR 1585 autopilot LOG Ben Marine “Anthea” log
- ECHO SOUNDER : Furuno LCD sounder type LS 8000
- RADAR : Furuno type FR 7041 radar (72 mile range)
- GPS : Tokimec type GR 2000 GPS
- CHART PLOTTER : Navionics electronic chart system
- NAVTEX : Furuno type NX-500
- WIND INSTRUMENTS : Raytheon wind speed and direction indicator
- ANCHOR WINDLASS : 1 x Anchor windlass (electric 380 v AC)
- WARPING CAPSTAN : 2 x aft capstans rated at 6,600 lb/3,000 kg (new 1999)
- GROUND TACKLE : Anchors 2 x 795 lb/360 kg Chains 2 x 4.37 shackles/394’/120m x 19mm (New 2009)
- CRANE & DAVITS : 2 x Besenzoni telescopic cranes (SWL 1,323 lb/ 600 kg) (electric 24 v DC)
- PASSERELLE Portable : (width 35”/90cm) (B.V. spec)
- SIDE ACCOMMODATION LADDERS : Portable ladder
- SWIMMING PLATFORM : Hydraulic swimming platform with ladder
- SEARCHLIGHT : 1 x Sanshin Dengu remote controlled Ix hand held search light
- HYDRAULICS : All hydraulic equipment has its own independent Pump and tank
- DECK FURNITURE : Dining table and assorted director’s chairs (upper aft deck) Cushions, mattresses and tables (sun deck)
AUDIO/VISUAL ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS
Available throughout the internal and external living areas on the bridge deck and the flydeck, the Sonos Music System has a wide selection of music which can be controlled from the hand-held wireless remote control. You can also play your own music through the system via the iPod docking station.
The Sonos system allows you to select quiet reading music down on the bridge deck, whilst those on the flybridge can have the latest dance music playing at the same time.
The master cabin and all other staterooms have access to around 900 movies and 6000 songs from classical to heavy rock, via the Mitec media player. Each stateroom has a Samsung LCD flat screen TV (32 inch in the Master and 26 inch elsewhere). The Audiovisual lounge has a 42 inch Samsung Plasma TV, and as well as the Mitec Media Player with approx. 900 movies, there is a satellite TV service and a DVD player/recorder.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
Sonos music system with wide selection of music, different selections can be played simultaneously around vessel, indoors and out. iPod docking stations allows guests to play own music. Mitec media player with a vast movie and music library. Flatscreen TVs in lounge and staterooms Satellite TV and DVD player in lounge
- MASTER CABIN : Samsung 32” plasma TV Samsung Model No: LA 32B350FIXX Samsung 26” plasma TV’s Samsung Model No: LA26B450C4
- LOUNGE : Samsung 42” plasma TV Samsung Model No.: PS42B430P2XX
- PRINTER : Hewlett Packard laserjet
- MAIN GALLEY :Bourgeois type SM 0612 electromechanic oven MBM Brescello oven (electric) Bohnhoff oven and stove with 4 hot-plates MBM Brescello deep fat fryer, grill and hot plate (with 3 warming ovens) La Combinata (blender, mixer, juice maker, etc.) Kitchenaid food mixer Grestorex type FR100 mixer Hatco type Grah 36 food warmer Réwury type B100 coffee percolator Extraction fans Lamber dishwasher plus rinsing hose Henkotac vacuum packing machine Essedue type TM300E meat slicer Otis dumb waiter (serving upper pantry)
- REFRIGERATION : Frigabohn refrigerator/freezer (pantry) Frigabohn refrigerator/freezer unit (galley) 2 x Frigabohn freezers (aft lazarette) Working counter top with refrigerated drawers (galley) Frigibel drinks refrigerator (sun deck) Lamber dish washer (upper pantry) 600 bottle wine store (lazarette)
- LAUNDRY : 2x Samsung heavy duty Washer and drier (New 2013) Sink, linen cupboards, worktops and Ironing station.
- DECK FURNITURE : Dining table and assorted director’s chairs (upper aft deck) Cushions, mattresses and tables (sun deck)
TENDERS & WATERSPORTS EQUIPMENT
- TENDERS : 18ft rigid inflatable centre console tender with 90hp Honda outboard 15ft rigid Inflatable tender with 20hp Honda outboard.
- JET SKIS and WATER SPORTS:2 x 1500hp Bombardier Seadoos Polaris Jet Ski 2009 Kayaks 2 x double kayals Scuba Gear (6 tanks) Baur Diving Compressor, water and wake skis
- GUESTS : Neomediam shower units ensuite, Dining Room, Food server, Lounge and Bar, TV Lounge and office area, Guest Toilet and washbasin, Mezzanine deck and top deck entertainment areas with refridgeration, sink and food preparation areas
- CREW : Captain’s twin cabin with shower room ensuite off companionway, 3x below decksTwin crew cabins with bunks, wardrobes and desks (refurbished 2013/14), 2 xshower and toilets with wash basin, 1x separate crew WC in companion way
- STORE/ WORKSHOP : Large inventory of spares and tools
2017 COMPLETED WORKS
Works carried out recently and in dry dock include;
UT Hull thickness Inspection.
Plate replacement in isolated areas midships and stern.
Spot blast and paint complete hull, 2 coats primer and 2 coats jotun seaforce 90 to underwater section.
Sea chests cleaned and painted
Stern shaft and rudder clearance checks
Functional testing of variable pitch propellor, rudder and Kort nozzle.
Cleaned, inspected and painted bow thruster, tunnel and grills.
Overboard skin fitting and internal Sea water service valves overhauled.
Internal strainers cleaned
Aft hydraulic swim platform and passeralle door removed and completely overhauled. New hydraullcs, hinges, platform and door Internally blasted, painted and decking replaced.
Tanks opened, cleaned and inspected.
Engine and gearbox inspection and report.
Generators 1&2 inspection and report.
New fire pump motor fitted.
New improved priming line to main bilge pump fitted.
New fire extinguishers throughout.
Inspection of co2 system.
New fire detection panel.
4 additional 25 person life-rafts (provision for 70 persons per side)
Repairs to watertight doors and opening.
New rudder indicator
New variable pitch indicator
All navigation equipment serviced.
Anchor chains ranged and calibration checks/report conducted.
Vessel is reclassed under SCM (ships classification Malaysia)
All works carried out under SCM marine surveyor direction.