This is a very fine example of the popular Sabre 42. DREAM CATCHER has been lightly cruised along the New England Coast summers, and stored under cover for 7-8 months the rest of the year. Benefitting from constant care and upgrades by a knowledgeable owner, she is in far better condition than most yachts half her age. Since 2010 she has had new rod rigging, recent sails, new Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides, new electronics, new Ultra Leather cushions throughout, and her bottom has been stripped and barrier coated with 3 coats of Interprotect. The interior is teak finished with hand rubbed effect Epiphanes varnish and the cabin sole is gloss varnished teak and holly sole. There are fans in every cabin. The mast step was replaced in 2009 and was inspected and found to be in first class condition in 2013 when he mast was out for new rod rigging and rewiring. The very sought after two head layout makes her attractive for multiple couples and her centerboard allows cruising down the ICW and to the Bahamas. This is a very well-kept vessel and we shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
HULL & DECK:
• New Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides, white boottop, light blue bottom.
• S/S double bow and stern rail.
• 4 small deck hatches; 2 large deck hatches.
• 2011 Double S/S lifelines with gates to port and starboard.
• Bomar hatch in main cabin replaced with new 2016 Lewmar hatch with screen.
• 4 chrome Dorade ventilators.
• Maxwell Nilsson 12V electric windlass - up only for rode only.
• Swim ladder - flip down at transom.
Fuel: 40 gallons in new 2016 aluminum tank.
Water: 120 gallons in two poly tanks.
Holding: 50 gallons in two 25 gallon tanks with 12V macerator pumps.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Westerbeke W46 diesel, 46 hp, 4 cylinder, FWC, with 1644 hours (new tachometer shows 87.5 hours - old tachometer shows 1.557.1).
• 2010 new transmission, new damper plate, and new exhaust elbow.
• New 2014 heat exchanger; all engine hoses changed at same time.
• New 2014 S/S prop shaft.
• 2 blade Maxi prop with PYY shaft cutters.
• New 2014 cutlass bearing.
• New 2014 dripless shaft seal.
• New 2015 Balmar 70 amp alternator and Balmar regulator.
• 2013 replaced starter.
• Fireboy halon fire extinguishers.
• Aquadrive shaft system (for no vibration running).
Cruising speed: 6 knots @ 1800 RPM @ 3/4 gph.
Maximum speed: 7 knots @ 2100 RPM.
• AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
• Two 100 watt solar panels, mounted on bimini with regulator below.
• 2014 & 2015 4-Group 31 batteries in 2 banks, under starboard cockpit with combiner master switch.
• 12 gallon hot water heater.
• Heart battery charger.
• Freedom 25w Heater inverter, 12VDC to 110V AC.
• TV/DVD player in main cabin (no TV antenna).
• 50' 30 amp dockside shore power.
• Balmar 70 amp alternator.
• 2015 Balmar regulator.
• Lightning ground system.
• 2-12V macerator pumps.
ACCOMMODATIONS: (For 6-7 in a handsome varnished teak interior)
• Comfortable vee berth with new 2015 Ultra Leather white cushions.
• Storage drawers and lockers below.
• Aft to starboard is a bureau with drawers and a hanging locker.
• Opposite is the private forward head with Raritan head (new pump 2014) plumbed via y-valve to holding tank.
• There is an ensuite shower that drains to a separate sump, vanity with S/S sink, and hot and cold pressure water.
• 2015 new white Ultra Leather upholstery.
• L-shaped settee to port and straight settee to starboard.
• Abundant storage behind seat backs, in lockers, and shelves above.
• The port settee pulls out to make a double.
• Large teak dining table for 6-8, which stores against forward bulkhead.
• TV/DVD player and bookshelf.
• Next aft to starboard is the sit-down nav station which includes a flip-up chart table, electrical panels, 2nd chartplotter, VHF, inverter controls, stereo, etc.
• Next aft is the aft head with Raritan head (new pump 2014), separate shower with separate sump, vanity with S/S sink, and hot and cold pressure water (foot pump disconnected).
• Opposite the nav station to port is the large U-shaped galley.
• White Formica countertops.
• Regal S/S 4 burner propane stove with oven.
• Hot & cold pressure water; pressure seawater at sink.
• Double S/S sinks.
• Foot pumps - disconnected.
• Seafrost engine driven refrigeration with new 2014 12V Seafrost system with solar backup.
• Dishes and cutlery.
• 2015 new Ultra Suede white leather upholstery.
• Aft of galley with queen sized berth, bureau and hanging locker.
• Separate access to aft head via separate teak door.
ELECTRONICS: (all electronics talk to each other; installed by Smith & Whitten)
• 2013 Raymarine C90W HD Radar/GPS-Plotter.
• 2013 Raymarine HD digital radar.
• Raymarine ST60 wind (masthead unit replaced at top of mast 2015).
• Ritchie binnacle compass.
• Raymarine ST60 speed.
• Raymarine ST60 depth.
• Raymarine 6001 autopilot.
• Raymarine ST60 multimeter-repeater on port bulkhead (no wind).
• Sail comp on starboard bulkhead (owner hasn't used it).
• 2013 Standard Horizon Ram 3 VHF microphone with AIS.
• Raymarine RL70 color chartplotter.
• 2013 Standard Horizon GX2150 Matrix VHF with AIS.
• Raymarine ST60 multi meter repeater.
• Go Power 30 amp solar panels controller.
• JVC AM/FM stereo with speakers in cockpit.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• Double spreader, keel stepped Hall aluminum mast, completely rewired 2013 (every wire changed).
• 2013 new S/S rod standing rigging.
• 2013 rebuilt Harken roller furling for jib.
• Spinnaker pole mounted on front of mast.
• Harken mainsheet traveller.
• Whisker pole.
• Rigid boom vang with rope adjustment.
• 2 secondary Barlow 27 spinnaker winches, 2 speed, non self-tailing.
• Inside and outside genoa tracks.
• 2 Lewmar #52 2 speed primaries, self-tailing.
• 1 Lewmar #40 Main halyward winch; new electric 2011.
• 1 Lewmar #43 jib halyard winch, 2 speed, self-tailing.
• 1 Lewmar #40 spinnaker halyard winch, 2 speed, self-tailing.
• 2011 Doyle mainsail with 3 sets of reef points, full battens, Dutchman flaking system.
• Tides sail track slides with ball bearings to make raising and lowering main easier; also, winches on either side of boom for reefing.
• 2014 110% Doyle furling jib.
• 2011 135% Doyle furling genoa.
• 2008 80% storm jib - never used.
• Asymmetrical spinnaker with sock (original blue on blue).
• All chainplates rebedded.
• 2013 new tri-color masthead LED lights.
• 2012 all running lights replaced with LED lights; LED anchor light.
• 2007 tan Dodger with removable windows and connector canvas to bimini.
• 2007 tan bimini, with connector piece to Dodger, 2007, with 2-100 watt solar panels; regulator below.
• 2007 tan helm cover; also winch and handrail covers.
• White vinyl cockpit cushions; new 2012 aft seat cockpit cushion.
• 35 lb CQR anchor with 5/8" 200' rode and 30' chain.
• 13 lb Danforth with approximately 150' rode.
• Anchor saltwater washdown in anchor locker.
• Emergency tiller.
• Horseshoe life ring.
• Two boat hooks.
• Teak cockpit table.
• 4 docklines; 4 fenders.
• Ensign & staff.
• Hot and cold cockpit shower.
• Lifting crane for outboard motor at transom.
• 10' inflatable roll-up dinghy with 5 hp Suzuki outboard.
• S/S Monitor wind vane(available for extra $2,000); vane off the transom now.
• Fairclough winter cover with steel frame, 12 years old, entrance door on both sides and just repaired by Back Channel Canvas.
• 1 electric and 1 manual bilge pump.
• Bell; horn.
• Fire extinguisher.
• 4 life jackets.
• Flares - outdated.
• EXCLUSIONS: PERSONAL TOOLS; ACR EPIRB
COMMENTS: This is a very fine example of the popular Sabre 42. DREAM CATCHER has been lightly cruised along the New England Coast summers, and stored under cover for 7-8 months the rest of the year. Benefitting from constant care and upgrades by a knowledgeable owner, she is in far better condition than most yachts half her age. Since 2010 she has had new rod rigging, recent sails, new Flag Blue Awlgripped topsides, new electronics, new Ultra Leather cushions throughout, and her bottom has been stripped and barrier coated with 3 coats of Interprotect. The interior is teak finished with hand rubbed effect Epiphanes varnish and the cabin sole is gloss varnished teak and holly sole. There are fans in every cabin. The mast step was replaced in 2009 and was inspected and found to be in first class condition in 2013 when he mast was out for new rod rigging and rewiring. The very sought after two head layout makes her attractive for multiple couples and her centerboard allows cruising down the ICW and to the Bahamas. This is a very well-kept vessel and we shall be pleased to get you aboard. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
36 York Street
York, ME 03909