SAMANTHA MARIE is one of the popular 28' BHM Flybridge Cruisers, built in 1987. These vessels are one of the more spacious 28' Downeast Cruisers ever built, and are often described as the "Chevy Trucks" of vessels, due to their heavy-duty construction and seaworthiness under way. SAMANTHA MARIE can sleep four, day trip 8-10, as her cockpit and flybridge have space for many guests. SAMANTHA MARIE has no varnish, is not "yachty" by any means, but instead is wholesome, able and rugged, and makes a wonderful, safe, family cruiser. Please call for your inspection, and we thank you for your interest
HULL AND DECK:
• Solid fiberglass hull; fiberglass with balsa-cored sandwich non-skid decks and superstructure; Hull by Flye Point Marine/Blue Hill Marine; Finshed by Wesmac (reported).
• 2012 new solid fiberglass flybridge installed.
• White gelcoat on hull and superstructure, red bottom.
• 6 1/2' wide x 10' long cockpit with teak coamings, and one aluminum watertight deck hatch.
• S/S bow rail; new teak handrails.
• 2011 S/S Simpson Lawrence 12V anchor windlass.
• Teak swim platform.
• One Bomar deck hatch with screen.
• 4 plastic opening ports.
• Four new 2015 Wynne forward windshield Pilothouse windows (window in front of lower helm opens).
• Pilothouse aluminum-framed side windows slide open - three have screens.
• Aft companionway door is a sliding glass door providing a light and bright salon.
• PVC white spray rails.
• Dual helms with 2 S/S steering wheels and Teleflex cable steering.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Volvo TAMD41A, 200 hp, 6 cylinder diesel, FWC, with 1713 hours as of 7-20-16.
• 2014 ZF 45A transmission, 2.03:1 reduction gear.
• 2014 1 1/2" S/S shaft.
• 2014 improved air intakes to engine space, adding 12V fans.
• 2015 20" x 20" 4 bladed Nibral Michigan prop.
• Bus heater off engine cooling system.
• Morse throttle controls.
• Oil changed seasonally.
• 2014 new transmission oil cooler; 2011 fuel injectors replaced.
• Bronze stuffing box.
• Napa fuel filter with water separator.
Cruising speed: 10 knots @ 2250 RPM @ 4 gph.
Maximum speed: 16 knots @ 3300 RPM.
Fuel: 2-60 gallon tanks.
Water: 25 gallons.
Holding: 20 gallon bladder under starboard vee berth (decommissioned).
• 12V-110V electrical systems.
• 2013 4-8D batteries (including two D12 start & two house batteries), with battery switches.
• 110 amp alternator.
• AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
• 50' 30 amp shore power cord.
• 4-110V outlets.
• 110V hot water heater as well as engine driven.
• 12V Nav and cabin lights - overhead dome lights.
• Searchlight with remote control at helm.
• 12V electric bilge pumps.
• Rule high water alarm.
• Pro Sport battery charger.
• For four in a simply finished but very pleasant interior, with varnished plywood bulkheads, varnished teak and holly sole.
• Long vee berths forward with shelves about starboard berth, followed by and enclosed head with Groco W.C. and mirror.
• Opposite to port is a simple galley with S/S sink, hot and cold pressure water, and a countertop.
• Up two steps is the wheelhouse/salon. The lower helm is to starboard with a helmseat, helm console with Radar-GPS, full engine instrumentation and controls.
• Aft of the helm is an elevated settee berth with storage under.
• To port is another longer elevated settee with storage under.
• A sliding glass door provides access to the spacious cockpit.
• The wheelhouse has a varnished sole, white laminates and varnished oak trim.
• In 2012 a new Sounddown overhead with teak battens was installed.
• 2001 Raymarine RL80C Radar-Plotter.
• 4kw Radar scanner.
• Ritchie compass.
• Raytheon L265 fishfinder.
• Anchor windlass control.
• New VHF with GPS alert system.
• 2014 Raymarine ST40 depthsounder.
• 2001 Raymarine RM300 GPS.
• Standard Horizon VHF - Matrix AIS - GX2100.
• Jensen AM/FM/CD with speakers (speakers in lower helm also).
• Two windshield wipers.
• S/S anchor roller with Delta plow-type anchor with rode.
• Fenders and docklines.
• Two rod holders.
• Two folding cockpit deck chairs.
• Chrome bow bitt.
• Swivel Todd flybridge helm seat.
• Lifering; horn; fire extinguishers.
COMMENTS: SAMANTHA MARIE is one of the popular 28' BHM Flybridge Cruisers, built in 1987. These vessels are one of the more spacious 28' Downeast Cruisers ever built, and are often described as the "Chevy Trucks" of vessels, due to their heavy-duty construction and seaworthiness under way. SAMANTHA MARIE can sleep four, day trip 8-10, as her cockpit and flybridge have space for many guests. SAMANTHA MARIE has no exterior varnish, is not "yachty" by any means, but instead is wholesome, able and rugged, and makes a wonderful, safe, family cruiser. Please call for your inspection, and we thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
36 York Street
York, ME 03909