1986 Wauquiez Hood 38 MK II
- Ver especificaciones completas
- Tipo de motor/combustible:
- Sencilla / diesel
- Situado en:
- Portland, OR
- Material del casco:
- Fibra de vidrio
- Ultimo precio listado:
- US$ 59,900 (EUR 53,496)
Wind Rose is the sought-after MKII version of the Wauquiez Hood 38.
Combining a design by noted naval architect Ted Hood with the quality build of the Henri Wauquiez Boatyard, the result is a handsome, capable blue water cruiser with very comfortable accommodation.
Her balanced helm makes her very comfortable and easy to sail. Her centerboard allows for versatility whether exploring shallow coastal areas or crossing oceans. She's fast, and moves well in light air.
Wind Rose is priced to reflect the need for an engine rebuild or replacement.
See full specs for details.
For more information or to make an appointment to see this vessel contact us at email@example.com or 503-289-6306
Please make an appointment to visit this vessel.
Please contact Passion Yachts at (503) 289-6306
Características adicionales, equipo e información:
Nombre del barco
Constructor: Wauquiez, France
Diseñador: Ted Hood
Quilla: Orza abatible integral
Eslora total: 38 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Manga: 11 Pies 9 Pulgadas
Eslora en la flotación: 31 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Calado mínimo: 4 Pies 6 Pulgadas
Calado máximo: 10 Pies 8 Pulgadas
Desplazamiento: 22046 Libras
Lastre: 11023 Libras
Altura de techo: 6 Pies 4 Pulgadas
Potencia Total: 40 HP
Marca del motor: Vetus
Año de construcción: 2009
Tipo de motor: Intraborda
Tipo de motor/combustible: Diesel
Número de horas del motor: 83
Hélice: Hélice abatible
Tipo de transmisión: V Drive
Potencia del motor: 40 HP
Número de depósitos de agua dulce: (88 Galones)
Número de depósitos de combustible: (33 Galones)
Número de camarotes: 2
Número de aseos: 1
- The Hood 38 Mk II has the convenient companionway entry at aft end of the cabin.
- Galley to port as you enter the boat
- Enclosed aft cabin to starboard as you enter the boat has double quarter berth and hanging locker. The aft head and sink have been removed and their thru-hulls glassed over. In their place is space for battery storage.
- Salon has aft-facing nav station forward of the galley
- Port settee is full length and makes an excellent sea berth
- U-shaped dinette to Starboard has centerline drop-leaf table
- Starboard Settee also can be used as a sea berth
- Hanging Locker to port forward of salon
- Enclosed Head area to starboard has Shower, vanity with sink, and marine head
- Forward cabin has V berth with filler cushion
- There are fitted sheets for the fore and aft cabin berths
- Teak & Holly cabin sole
- Teak trim throughout the boat
- Newport Dickenson Diesel Bulkhead mounted cabin heater in salon
- Galley is to port as you enter the boat
- Countertop loading refrigeration at aft end of galley
- Utensil stowage cabinet above fridge
- Double stainless steel sinks have hot & cold pressure water supply
- In addition there are foot pump fresh and sea water supply spigots and a foot pump to drain the refrigeration icebox
- 2-burner gimbaled Eno propane galley range
- Storage lockers above and below countertop.
Electrical & Electronics
- Deep cycle wet cell batteries, installed around 2012
- Shore power with cord and outlets
- VHF Radio plus handheld
- Older Autohelm Autopilot
- SSB Radio
- Raytheon Radar
- Interphase Probe (similar to a fishfinder - can be used to spot rocks, logs and fish)
Sails & Rigging
- All Hood Sails
- Full battened main with 3 reefs, checked 5 years ago, in good condition,336 sq ft
- 110% Genoa on Schaefer System 2100 furler
- 140% Genoa - 549 sq ft
- Spinnaker with pole - needs one sheet
- Storm Jib
- Running backstays
- Removable inner forestay
- Baby stay
- Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- Keel-Stepped Aluminum Mast
- Lewmar sail Winches: #48 2-speed self-tailing primaries on cockpit coamings, #30 2sp st on port coaming aft, #40 2sp st & #16 1-sp on port cabintop,#30 2sp st on starboard cabintop, #40 st & #30 2sp st on mast.
- Mid-boom sheeting; traveler forward of companionway and dodger
- Lewmar double sheet stoppers (rope clutches)
Decks and Cockpit
- Lofrans Tigres Electric Anchor Windlass
- Plow and flat fold anchors with chain and line rode for each
- Chain locker in foredeck
- Deck Washdown Pump in Foredeck
- Decks are non-skid fiberglass, not teak!
- Aluminum toe rail
- 2 Dorade Vents with Cowls
- Solar Deck Vent
- 2 large aluminum-framed opening hatches, one in foredeck above the V berth, the other in the cabin top above the salon
- 2 smaller aluminum-framed opening hatches in the cabin top, one above the head and the other above the aft cabin
- Hard-top Dodger with hard windshield
- Full cockpit enclosure with Bimini and side curtains, including mosquito mesh
- Mainsail cover
- Teak strips on cockpit Seats and teak cockpit grate
- Swim Ladder on Transom
- 2009 Vetus/Mitsubishi inboard diesel needs rebuilt or replaced
- 4 cyl. 40 hp
- Hurth V Drive and Dripless Prop Shaft
- Engine had only 83 hours on it when it took on water
- Engine needs to be pulled in order to fully diagnose
- Boat has to be lifted out in order to pull the engine
- Boat is being sold 'As Is, Where Is', and the asking price reflects the engine problem
- Current owner is second owner
- Original owner was on the East Coast, and sailed from Rhode Island to the Caribbean and back. The boat was kept out of the water in the winters.
- Current owners purchased the boat in Rhode Island in 1997 at Little Harbor Marine.
- They sailed Martha's Vineyard, Block Island Sound & Woods Hole, then trucked the boat to Portland, Oregon.
- They made many voyages to Barkley Sound, and circumnavigated Vancouver Island, and they also sailed the local waters of the Columbia River.
- Avon Liferaft - needs repacking
- Lifesling Man Overboard Rescue System
- 4 Life Jackets
- USCG Emergency gear needs updating
- Manual and Electric Bilge Pumps
- Porta Boat Folding Dinghy with oars
- 6 hp Yamaha outboard
- Max Prop
- Dripless Shaft
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.