Thoughtfully customized classic cruiser. Offered at one third her value. Roomy interior. This offering won't last.
Call Listing Agent : Bob Lang (805) 630-6624
Some of “Tramuntana’s” features and upgrades include the following:
Mechanical and Tanks:
• Yanmar 2GM20F, perfectly maintained, less than 200 hours; new VDO gauges in 2013
• Spinlock flush throttle control with removable handle allows the throttle control to be
removed as easily as a winch handle and kept below. In fact Spinlock’s star socket
allows a winch handle to be used as the throttle control if needed!
• Engine cooling system overhauled and exhaust elbow replaced (2013)
• Separate Raycor fuel filter and water separator
• Upgraded exhaust muffler
• PYI dripless shaft seal
• MaxProp feathering propeller
• Two custom stainless steel fuel tanks (40 gallons total) and fuel selector manifold
• Custom polyethylene holding tank (about 10 gallons)
• Custom stainless steel water tank in keel under engine (35 gallons)—if carrying
additional water is desired, there are large spaces available for additional tankage or
bladder tanks under the salon floor, under both salon salon settees, and under the
Bilge and Plumbing:
• All below the waterline thru-hulls equipped with through-bolted solid bronze full
flanged ball-valve seacocks. All seacocks new between 2003–2009.
• All plumbing refreshed within the last 7 years. All plumbing is perfect.
• Sea water washdown pump with flush deck fitting (new summer 2016)
• Two Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pumps (one operable from cockpit, one operable
• Jabsco Water Puppy high-and-dry pump for main bilge sump with Johnson Ultima
• High capacity Jabsco 3500gph 12v bilge pump in main sump with switch
• Rule 750gph automatic bilge pump in forward bilge sump
• Wilcox-Crittendon Skipper head, completely rebuilt and painted, zirc fitting added for
greasing main pump lever arm.
• Head plumbing allows pumping head to holding or overboard; holding tank can be
pumped overboard or via deck pump-out.
• Henderson Mark V sanitation pump for emptying holding tank overboard offshore.
• Whale Gusher Mark III foot pumps and sold brass spouts in head and galley sinks.
• Extra set of above-the-waterline cockpit scupper drains (cockpit has two above and two
below waterline drains)
• Vapor-tight custom propane locker under cockpit seat is vented overboard.
• Two horizontal 10# aluminum propane tanks with regulator and solenoid
• Propane sniffer in bilge
• Propane solenoid control and alarm panel in electrical panel at galley
• Newport fireplace propane heater
• Broadwater 4-burner propane stove/oven with grill. This is the best galley stove ever
• All 12v and 120v wiring redone since 2004
• All light fixtures equipped with LED bulbs (including interior, engine room, navigation,
and deck lights).
• Updated 12v and 120v electrical panels 2003 (all Blue Sea components) in custom teak
electrical panel box. Includes 2 digital ammeters with shunt, voltmeter, LPG panel,
cross connect battery switch
• Balmar 90AH alternator with custom tensioning arm
• Balmar Max Charge MC-612 smart regulator
• Powerful engine room blower
• Xantrex 20 battery charger
• Two Seimens 10-watt “walkable” solar panels with regulator installed flush into custom
forehatch and lazarette hatch. These keep batteries topped.
• 8D AGM house battery (new in 2015)
• Group 31 Odyssey AGM engine starting battery for starting (new summer 2016)
• All new gorgeous solid bronze navigation light fixtures with 100% LED bulbs
including stern, steaming, red/green at bow, and anchor (all around light at masthead)
• Super bright new LED spreader lights by MAST
• Mast wiring harness easily disconnects/reconnects from boat making
unstepping/restepping mast for maintenance a breeze
• Raytheon ST60 Wind and TriData
• Raytheon ST60 TriData repeater at chart table
• Raytheon Tiller Autopilot
• Furuno 1623 radar (antenna mounted on custom mast bracket; display can be viewed
from cockpit via an articulated arm mount)
• VHF radio with DSC
• Wind transducer and VHF antenna at masthead replaced in 2008
• Radar cable replaced in 2008
• Stereo including DVD, CD, AV in/out, remote control, aux in for phone/ipod, speakers
in salon and cockpit, subwoofer, and separate amplifier (new in 2008)
Hull and keel:
• Reballasted with resin-encapsulated lead (original ballast was concrete and scrap iron).
Photos available. Reballasting design by Iver Franzen, protégé of Gillmer.
• Bottom epoxy barrier coated. Never any blisters. Perfect bottom!
• External teak straking at gunnel with integrated custom bronze-capped rubrail
• Boat will be hauled and bottom painted in September 2016 (black bottom paint).
• Custom solid teak bowsprit (15 inches longer than original, specified by Iver Franzen
naval architect protégé of Gillmer), professionally built by master woodworker,
supported by custom whisker and bobstays with Hayn compression fittings
• Customized bow rails with solid teak seat.
• Custom double lifelines, stainless uncoated wire.
• Stainless boomkin rebuilt including new wire stays with Hayn compression end fittings
and custom fabricated stainless steel chainplates.
• Two pairs of solid bronze ABI hawse pipes with cleats installed thru-bulwark at the
bow and amidships
• Teak deck overlay removed, decks reglassed, nonskid, and painted.
• Custom teak forehatch with integrated solar panel
• Huge custom cockpit floor hatch provides complete, unhindered access to rear of
engine and stern areas. Access to the engine in this boat is unbeatable!
• Dark green Awlgrip topsides (done in 2000, ready for a fresh coat)
Rig, Sailing Hardware, and Sails:
• 2013 Harken jib furler and custom masthead fitting
• 2000 All new swaged standing rigging including new bronze turnbuckles
• 2009 All new running rigging
• 2008 Brand new deck-stepped spruce mast, boom, spreaders finished in 12 coats Bristol
Finish (mast top and spreader tops finished in white LP). Professionally built by master
craftsman. Construction photos available. Wiring conduits for wiring service with ease.
• 2008 Bronze T-tracks for genoa and mainsheet cars.
• 2004 Huge Harken block and 5-part tackle makes mainsheet handling easy.
• 2003 Pair of #40 Lewmar all bronze self-tailing jib sheet winches
• 2008 Pair of #16 Lewmar all bronze self-tailing mast winches
• 2000 Custom silicon bronze mast step and mast fittings.
• 2000 Professionally fabricated manganese bronze chainplates through bolted to hull.
• 2000 Manganese bronze mainsail track. Will never rust or stain sail.
• 2001 All new sails. All 2001 sails in excellent condition:
– Loose footed main with 3 reef points
– 150% furling genoa
– Ullman symmetrical spinnaker in ATN snuffer
• Custom solid teak rudder with bronze straps. This rudder was specified by Iver Franzen,
protégé of Tom Gillmer and built by Mike Anderson of Anderson Boatworks, master
shipwright and maker of the Freehand Steering windvane made famous by the Pardeys
• Beautifully varnished laminated teak tiller is easily removable from custom rudder and
stowed belowdecks. Clears the cockpit at anchor and provides added security.
• Tiller equipped with socket for tiller extension and pin for autopilot
• Tiller extension
• Custom Freehand steering parts available for lower portion of Freehand wind vane
• Raymarine autopilot (see electronics)
• Massive stainless steel custom double anchor roller and headstay attachment
• Manual 2-speed Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass professionally rebuilt and painted
• 50’ 5/16” HT anchor chain + 200’ 5/8” nylon three-strand (brand new)
• 35# CQR and Rocna anchors.
• Naval pipe allows chain to be stowed aft of chain locker well below water line for
• Aluminum fortress stern anchor and rode (rode is brand new)
• V-berth forward, massive storage areas underneath
• Port/Stb settees in salon pull out and can be made into two doubles or one super size
bed. Settees are also hinged for access under.
• Custom storage lockers with flush bronze latches behind seat back cushions in salon.
• Custom storage drawers under salon settees with clever custom teak locks that can be
used to ensure drawers cannot open in rough weather.
• Salon settees each pull out (with custom cushions creating full-sized berths port/stbd)
without hindering passage fore/aft through boat.
• Both salon settees may be pulled out to centerline to create queen-sized athwartships
berth in salon.
• Salon settee tops are hinged so that, in addition to access the space beneath via drawers,
the settee tops can be lifted for complete unhindered access underneath.
• New cushions and upholstery. All interior cushions have double covers, velour
commercial-grade upholstery fabric over vinyl, so the outer cover can be removed in
order to use cushions in the cockpit.
• All new solid teak floors and huge custom floor hatches that are positively secured
down with flush bronze latches.
• Amazing custom salon table stows away completely; can be used to serve stbd settee
only or to serve both settees.
• Gorgeous custom headliner made from Sam L. Morse fiberglass paneling used in the
Bristol Channel Cutter interior.
• Completely custom head cabinetry with solid surface countertop custom built by master
• Custom companionway ladder swings up, and latches on ceiling. Ladder can also be
positioned offcenter to stbd to increase galley workspace or it can be hung on port or
stbd fiddle for complete flexibility.
• Custom engine compartment opens completely for unbeatable engine access.
• Huge well-insulated, stainless steel lined ice box is located under the chart table
• Large stainless sink with footpump
• Broadwater 4-burner propane stove/oven with grill. This is the best galley stove made.
• Sail cover (new cover in May 2011)
• Tiller cover
• Windlass cover
• Matching Sunbrella rail cushions in cockpit
• USCG required signaling complement
• USCG throwable life saving device
• 4 USCG adult life vests
• Loads of spares and parts including a big roll of brand new Sunbrella fabric matching
the ship’s canvas.
• Binders full of documentation and records on equipment and improvements we've
made of the years.
Ship’s tender (negotiable):
• Sam L. Morse "Cherub," a beautiful lapstrake-design fiberglass sailing/rowing tender
with gunnel guard. Stows on deck under the boom in solid teak chalks.
• Varnished oars with stitched leather guards and bronze oarlocks
• Sailing rig includes carbon mast, varnished wood boom, leeboard, rudder, tiller, rigging,
sail, sail bag, and instructions
• Brand new pair of "Dingy Dogs" (check these out online at http://dinghydogs.com/)
• All gear for tender stows neatly inside the mother ship
3005 Peninsula Road
Oxnard, CA 93035-4069