Low hour Westerbeke diesel, extensive bottom barrier coat
New refrigeration, chartplotter, radar, solar panels, wind generator, inverter/charger, & batteries
All-new Marelon seacocks, great standing rigging, Spectra watermaker
Don't let the low price of this boat fool you, she is in very good condition.
(Not affected by Hurricane Matthew)
Aeolia is a fine example of a classic keel/centerboard Ted Hood design - and priced to sell. She is loaded with goodies, including a new seawater cooled Frigoboat refrigeration, watermaker, Garmin radar and chartplotter, wind generator, solar panels, and hardtop. She just got new bottom paint and can be sailed away now.
In the last four years a great deal of preparation was done for safe, extended cruising:
- Fresh 1988 Westerbeke W52 diesel (700 hours) to replace original motor. This motor spent it's prior life in a boat on fresh water Lake Erie. During the short Canadian summer season, the boat only motored in and out of the harbor. It starts easily, runs smoothly and there is no smoke.
- In the process of repowering, the engine compartment was thoroughly soundproofed with modern materials (white), hoses and cables replaced.
- The prop was renewed at local prop shop, a new shaft fabricated and installed, as well as a new cutlass bearing.
- The bottom was completely sandblasted and gelcoat removed, sealed (2 coats of Interprotect), faired smooth (Awlfair), and final barrier coat applied (4 more coats of Interprotect). When hauled after four years there was not a single blister.
- New primary battery wiring,
- New 2500 watt inverter/charger plus digital Newmar 3 bank battery monitor.
- New mainsail, stiff and crisp, relatively new Genoa.
- Standing rigging: Head stay replaced on Harken furler, all standing rigging fairly recent (Sta-Loc fittings all the way around). Chainplates pulled and dye-tested (OK). Much of the running rigging also replaced.
- All seacocks and thru-hulls were replaced with Forespar Marelon thru-hulls.
- New head forward with new holding tank and macerator pump. All new hoses aft head..
- New faucets on all three sinks, plus shower faucets
- New Garmin chartplotter and radar
- TackTick wind
- Wind generator, not installed yet
- Solar panels and charge controller: two large to cover the hardtop, two others. Not installed -yet
- All new batteries in May 2016 (4 Deka 6V and one group 27 start battery)
- Fridge totally re-cooled with Frigoboat keel-cooler system
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- LED cabin lights
- Mack Pack lazy bag and lazy jacks
The bones of this boat are excellent, but there are deficiencies:
- No autopilot, although there is the expensive part - the ram. (Owner was planning on using a Aries vane, which can be included with the sale.)
- Bowmar hatches do not leak, cosmetically challenged though
- The exterior gelcoat is thin on deck, porous on the sides. The boat looks find, very very presentable, but could be a candidate for paint. Or if you don't care, just go sailing.
The boat is currently on the hard. If you want double her value, now would be the time to have her painted. Unbelievably affordable, and you can make the boat the color of your choice. Contact Bob Langhorst (see below) for estimates.