1979 Union 36
Puerto Vallarta, México
- Ver especificaciones completas
Priced for quick sale
- Tipo de motor/combustible:
- Sencilla / diesel
- Situado en:
- Puerto Vallarta, México
- Material del casco:
- Fibra de vidrio
- Ultimo precio listado:
- US$ 12,000 (EUR 10,280)
The Union 36 is a yacht designed for the bluewater sailor. With its long keel, canoe stern and cutter rig this boat provides a balanced helm for ocean sailing and timeless salty design.
Based on the Hans Christian 34, designed by Naval architect Robert Perry, this boat was built in 1979 by the Union Yacht Co. in Taipei,Taiwan.
This boat offers comfortable sailing with a very reassuring and practical interior for voyaging worldwide.
She has been successfully sailed single handed for many years. Once sailing a round trip from Los Angeles to Guatemala as well as spending many days sailing the beautiful Banderas Bay
This Union has a great pedigree but does require upgrades.
If you are looking for a live aboard in Mexico, this could be a great option with the advantage of being upgraded for some fantastic sailing adventures.
US Phone 520 221 6891
Mx Cell 322 101 5205
Please contact Eric Christenson at 5202216891
Características adicionales, equipo e información:
Forma del casco: Monocasco
Eslora total: 36 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Manga: 11 Pies 4 Pulgadas
Calado máximo: 6 Pies 0 Pulgadas
Desplazamiento: 22000 Libras
Potencia Total: 39 HP
Marca del motor: Thornycraft
Año de construcción: 1979
Tipo de motor: Intraborda
Tipo de motor/combustible: Diesel
Hélice: Hélice 3 palas
Potencia del motor: 39 HP
Velocidad de crucero: 5 Nudos @ 1800 RPM
Número de depósitos de agua dulce: 1 Acero inoxidable (140 Galones)
Número de depósitos de combustible: 1 (100 Galones)
Número de depósitos de aguas negras: 1 Poliéster (40 Galones)
Número de literas simples: 1
Número de literas dobles: 3
Número de camarotes: 1
Número de aseos: 1
Corredera - Velocímetro
Foque de capa
Mayor full batten
Timón de rueda
Cargador de baterías
Bomba de achique eléctrica
Bomba de agua salada
Bomba de achique manual
Toma de puerto
Cubierta lateral en Teka
Teca en bañera
Toldo de génova
Cubierta de vela mayor
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- Wormgear Steering system
- Bilge pumps - 2 electric & 1 manual
- Raw water sea strainer
- Fuel filters
- Fuel shut off
- Lube oil system
- Fresh water cooling system
- New 2015 raw water pump
- New 2014 pump on head
- 3 blade propeller
- Water heater
- Excellent engine access at companionway or cockpit.
- Engine requires upgrades and new exhaust elbow.
- Fresh water pump replaced September 2014
- All seacocks are bronze, 3 known to be currently non functioning
- Both fuel and water tanks are showing signs of aging exteriorly
Sails, Winches and Rigging
- Main sail, battened with cover
- Jib, roller furled with cover
- All sails in fair condition
- All lines led aft
- Stern located mainsheet traveller
- Backstay adjuster
- Winches - 2 x Barlow 25 & 2 x Barlow 16 in cockpit plus 2 x 316 16 on mast
- Mast pulpit
- Rigging is 15-20 years old and some requires replacement
Deck and Deck Equipment
- Teak deck was redone by owner in 2013 - teak over hand laid fiberglass with all screw holes epoxy filled. Teak is 1/4 inch thick
- All exterior teak brightwork requires regular upkeep. Present owner has chosen to have all wood varnished.
- Anchor- CQR 35lb
- Anchor - Plow with 300' chain
- Anchor - Danforth with 20' chain, 250' line
- Anchor windlass
- Navigation lights
- Spreader light
- 4 dorades
- Very large cockpit lazarette giving easy engine access plus storage to aft.
- Double stainless steel lifelines with 2 gates
- Bow sprit - with cover for teak platform, and stern push pit. Both reqiure work to bring them up to standard
- 'Auto Helm' Windvane available, not currently installe
- Large teak box on forward deck housing propane tank
- Bimini cover with windshield
- Cap rail covers
- Fuel and water access fill points on port side deck
- Life ring
- Standard horizon VHF
- Brenmar Auto Pilot
- Garmin GPS (not installed)
- Morrow S-60-E Depth Sounder
- New battery charger installed November 2014
- Wired for 2 banks of batteries plus a starter battery
- New 2014 Alternator
- 220w Solar Power ( not installed)
- There is full headroom throughout
- The whole interior requires upgrades to cabinetry and headliners.
- Forepeak cabin with a spacious double berth with reading lights and fan plus teak lockers lining both sides. Saloon style doors can be closed to give complete privacy. Large overhead hatch for light and ventilation, requires repair.
- Moving aft, to port is the head with a Jabisco manual WC, a deep stainless steel sink with pressurized hot and cold water set in a vanity unit. Plenty of storage, a large mirror, towel rails, faucets ready for a shower attachment and a large teak shower mat over a drainage tray complete this good sized head. Again doors close off for complete privacy.
- Opposite the head is a large hanging locker. Having suffered some water damage it does require cosmetic painting and new shelving/ ceiling
- In the main salon is the dinette settee to port, the table lowers to make another double berth. Opposite is a single settee, which is also a pullman double berth, with deep storage lockers behind and below. Just aft of this settee is a huge storage locker with double louvered teak doors.
- An Alder Barber large top loading fridge with freezer section is forward of the dinette.
- Aft and to starboard is the navigation station. The chart table has a hinged lid and 4 storage drawers below. All in need of cosmatic upgrades
- There is a good sized quarter berth behind the nav station, either a generous single or a cosy double. Lockers with sliding doors line the starboard side.
- All ports are brass and full opening. They require a little attention.
- Both large opening hatches require carpentry repairs
- Gimballed 3 burner Princess stove with oven
- Double stainless steel deep sinks with pressurized hot and cold water plus a fresh water hand pump and a sea water hand pump.
- Large under sink storage locker
- Deep dry goods locker or can be used as an extra ice chest
- Eye level storage lockers for very easy access to tableware and stored goods. All lockers require updating and some repairs
- Large preparation surfaces
- Opening port for ventilation
Photographs - Current and Historical
- Please note that photos 1-19 are current. They show the present condition of the boat as she sits at her dock.
- Photos 20-31 (those following the engine photo) are older photos showing the condition this boat could be restored to.
- On all boats the exterior brightwork requires regular sanding and varnishing to maintain its magnificent shine or alternatively can be allowed to return to its more natural teak color, with occasional applications of teak oil to maintain the wood.
Anti Foul Maintenance
- Hauled out in 2009 for anti foul application
- Hauled in 2004 for the bottom to be ground down and a new gel coat applied
- Personal items
- Personal toolbox and tools
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.