WAN FU was custom built in 1977 in Melbourne Australia for a Navy Commander.
Lowered from 199k to only $159,900 now (march 2012).
She has a plated steel hull, steel deck and house, and is considered an Offshore Chinese Junk because her masts are stayed. Her design is an adaptation of a Thomas Colvin designed Chinese Junk.
WAN FU was purchased in 2006 by a very knowledgeable owner who has been in the marine industry for many years. He spent 1 1/2 years upgrading all the systems and cosmetics on the vessel. Some of the upgrades included new 2008 electronics, new 2007 Muir hydraulic steering, new S/S ports, new circuit breaker panels and some new wiring, complete new 2008 Devoe system epoxy paint on the outside and inside of the vessel, new Heart 2500 inverter system, new Maxwell 3500 12V windlass, 2008 12V batteries ($4,000), new 2008 Stamoid and Strataglass aft deck enclosure, new 2008 Reflex diesel fireplace, new sail covers, new head, fuel and engine hoses, and so much more.
The previous owner in his last years of ownership installed new teak decks, the new Isuzu diesel, a new Northern Lights 5kw generator, new masts, new sails & rigging, and a new cabin sole below.
The actual owner carry on upgrading Wan Fu with New paint...............
This is an extraordinary vessel, in first class condition in every way. Even her bilges are painted white and are spotless.
Unknown, Melbourne Australia
Thomas Colvin Adaptation
* For 6-10 in 3 cabins and two heads; with one shower and one bathtub.
* From aft companionway, one steps down to a nav table to starboard, with bookcases, lockers, and access hatches to the machinery spaces.
* Next to port is a twin guest cabin or Captain's cabin; to starboard is a single settee just aft of the nav table.
* Owner reports twin berths in guest cabin change into large queen berth.
* Next aft and down several steps is the U-shaped galley with walk-in pantry aft.
* Galley includes , new propane stove and 4 gas bottle, twin S/S sinks, and numerous lockers and cupboards.
* 2010 New 12 V refrigeration and freezer - ColdBlue and galley totally refitted
* Opposite the U-shaped galley are two separate, fully enclosed heads; aft head includes a tub/shower, W.C., and sink; forward head has W.C. and sink, with storage lockers.
* Next forward is the expansive main salon with 4 settee berths, 2 to port and 2 to starboard with privacy curtains on tracks, and lee cloths.
* There is a circular stairway to an on-deck companionway hatch.
* In the center of the main salon is a varnished teak dining table, which can seat 10 people; the table bench seats are on runners or sail track.
* Ventilation provided by numerous S/S opening portlights, hatches overhead, and many Dorade vents.
* A Cole charcoal fireplace, along with Brass trawler lamps, add to the attractive interior ambience in the salon.
* New beige cushion covers have recently been made.
* Numerous lockers are located under the settee berths.
* Next forward is the vee berth cabin (no filler piece) with storage under the berths.
* A new varnished teak and holly cabin sole throughout was added just prior to 2006.
* There are dome lights over every settee.
* 2010 New varnish inside
* 2010 New Bow Thruster (125 kg Vetus - the biggest electric).
* Single 150 hp Isuzu diesel with only 950 hours the meter.
* New 2007 dual Racor 900 fuel filters.
* New 2008 starter, alternator, new water pump.
* New four bladed propeller, spare 3 bladed prop also.
* New oil seals on ship type stern tube.
* New 2'' S/S shaft to new engine coupling.
* New engine hoses; new fuel hoses and new head hoses.
* Three spherical valves for pumping out bilge.
* New wind generator installed in May 2011.
* 2010 New, three, 130 W each, solar panels.
* New AC-DC circuit breaker panels by Ocean Pursuits in Rockland, Maine.
* New Northern Lights 5 kw generator (only 887 hours).
* 2008 12V 8D batteries ($3,000-$4,000) with new master switches on engine, house, and generator.
* 12V & 110V outlets throughout cabin.
* Heart Freedom 3000w inverter, 2008.
* New 2008 remote electrical panel for nav lights, gyro compass, and rudder indicator at helm.
* Dome lights over every bunk in main salon.
* New fresh and salt water pumps.
* 2010 New forward looking sonar (Interphase).
* 2008 ICOM M302 VHF radio below and 2008 ICOM M127 VHF radio at helm.
* 2008 Raytheon RL80C color radar and Raytheon RN300 GPS-Plotter; separate units at helm and nav table.
* KVH electric gyro compass at helm, 2007.
* Sestrel ship's compass with magnets.
* Autohelm depth sounder and wind indicator.
* New stereo/CD player.
* Fuel: 600 gallons in 4 integral tanks.
* Water: 600 gallons in 4 integral tanks.
* Holding: 90 gallons in integral tank.
* All integral tanks have inspection ports.
* 2010 Opening and cleaning both diesel tanks.
* 2010 Opening and cleaning and painting all four water tanks
* New Maxwell 3500 12V windlass.
* Large manual windlass, as backup.
* 100 lb CQR Plow anchor with 200' chain.
* 100 lb Danforth anchor.
* Two 35 lb CQR plows with 6' chain and 250' nylon rode.
Hull and Deck
* Hull is ¼ plated steel; new 2010 two part Epoxy painted black hull with red sheer.
* Red antifouling ablative bottom.
* 31 New 2005 S/S opening ports with screens ($800 each).
* Five watertight bulkheads with doors.
* Hull insulated with fire retardant foam to waterline.
* In 2010, all hull, deck, and trunk cabin surfaces were painted with two part Epoxy system.
* In 2008, all interior hull and bilge surfaces painted white.
* Four deck boxes with Nicro solar vents.
* Four deck hatches.
* Teak grating on helm deck.
* Aft pilothouse has centerline steering station with 2007 Muir hydraulic wheel steering; all new seals in steering ram in 2008.
* New pilot house roof that also serves as a water colletor.
* Full athwartship seating and two tables with yellow cushions behind helm.
* 2007 New pilothouse roof with bamboo top, fiberglass over plywood, and finished with Treadmaster.
* Large rudder with diamond-shaped holes offering zero turbulence on backside, and helps steer vessel effortlessly in all weather conditions.
* New Richard Hallet full beige Stamoid enclosure at aft helm deck using Strataglass sides.
* Two companionway hatches; one scuttlehatch to main salon, and one hatch from helm deck to below.
Sails and Rigging
* Approximately 1800 sq. ft. sail area.
* 3 aluminum masts (foremast leans forward).
* All 3 sails are full battened and lower like Venetian blinds.
* New 2002 wire and turnbuckle standing rigging.
* 3 Dacron sails Tanbark color, with reinforced pockets.
* Lazy jacks on all sails.
* New sail covers.
* New sun cover of all the boat
* Lewmar 30 S.T. winch for halyards.
* Lewmar 48 S.T. winch for main halyard.
* New sheetlets, new blocks, new halyards.
* Can be easily singlehanded.
* 2010 New dive compressor - electric Bauer with 4 dive tanks.
* Boarding stairs.
* Boarding swim ladder.
* Two deck Dorade vents.
* 10 man liferaft (certified in 2008).
* 14'+ rowing dory painted same color as hull, or new 9' roll up Zodiac with 3.5 Merc outboard
* Tricolor light at masthead.
* Electric bilge pump.
* Guest spotlight.
* Life jackets.
* Brass trawler lamps.
* Full complement of manuals; full drawings on vessel.
Guatemala Yacht Broker
Bruno's Marina and Hotel
Rio Dulce, Fronteras, Izabal